Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an incredibly challenging game, and a lot of the time you have to either upgrade skills or purchase items from vendors. However, the most difficult part of the title has to be the boss battles. A lot of the enemies attack without much force, but sometimes you run into exceptions like the Ashina Chained Ogre.
The Ashina Chained Ogre is deadly if you get too close to him in a claustrophobic room. It's best to use projectile weapons to damage him.
It will only take you a few minutes if you throw shuriken stars at him. This is an easy fight if you follow the technique shown in the video.
- In order to get to the Ashina Chained Ogre, you have to drop down from the Ashina Castle Upper Tower Antechamber where all the blue samurais are.
- Doing so will immediately trigger the fight, so instead of attacking the indoors Chained Ogre, open the door to the right.
- Now, run past the Chained Ogre until his health bar disappears. This means that he's looking for you. Now, run back and stealth attack him from behind to knock off one health bar.
- You'll be protected from his attacks if you're in a doorway. The room has two exits, one to the left and one to the right. The exit on the left leads to the Old Grave Sculptor's Idol, but before that is a small door the Chained Ogre can't cross.
- There are two ways you can approach this. Either hide in the small door on the left and attack him once in a while when he passes by. It'll take you roughly 10 minutes to kill him this way, but it's easy and oddly relaxing.
- The other option is to use the enemies outside the door you just opened to chip away at his health.
- The Chained Ogre doesn't have much health, so even throwing shuriken stars will kill him.
- I chose to just stand far away from him and throw shurikens at him until he was dead.
- This isn't a difficult fight if you choose to use long-range damage.
- If you run out of Spirit Emblems, use the Ceremonial Tanto to get more.
It took us quite a while to figure out how to beat this boss, but once we did, it was rather easy. Hopefully this walkthrough will help you just as it helped us.
- Best ways to farm experience in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- How to beat Long-arm Centipede Sen'un in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
In our review, we said, "It's definitely harder than Dark Souls, but the sense of satisfaction you feel after defeating powerful titans is a reward in itself. The more you play, the stronger you become. The story and gameplay take you in new directions, but Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice's difficulty may limit its appeal. Unlike previous FromSoftware games, it lacks multiplayer so you can't summon allies to help you."
Reclaim your honor
The beginning of a new franchise
In Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice you are a disgraced and disfigured warrior rescued from the brink of death. Bound to protect a young lord who is the descendant of an ancient bloodline, you become the target of many vicious enemies. When the young lord is captured, nothing will stop you on the perilous quest, not even death itself.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
Minecraft Dungeons has a major secret Diablo fans will love (spoilers)
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and I can't stop playing it. As we dive deeper into the end game, we keep finding more and more secrets, and one has been found now that Diablo fans will love.
Halo 2's PC launch instability was unacceptable, and Halo 3 can't repeat it
The launch state of Halo 2's multiplayer on PC was simply unacceptable, and the fact that the game was allowed to release in this state raises serious concerns about how future Halo ports, especially Halo 3, will turn out. Here's why this can't happen again if Halo is to be successful on the PC platform.
Best Minecraft Fan-made Art, T-Shirts, Stickers, Posters, and more!
Minecraft has become a global phenomenon over the years, and its fans have created tons of awesome different Minecraft-themed accessories and apparel for others to enjoy. Here are some of our favorites!