What you need to know
- Microsoft released another Edge Dev channel update today.
- This update brings the build number up to 80.0.328.4.
- There are no new features, but there are quite a few bug fixes and performance improvements.
The latest weekly Microsoft Edge Dev Channel test build is now available, and it offers up a veritable bucketload of bug fixes and improvements. There are no new features, but Microsoft touches on the fact that a native ARM64 version of the browser is now available for testing in the Canary channel, as revealed earlier this week.
Here's a look at all of the fixes and changes in Edge Dev build 80.0.328.4:
- Fixed a crash on launch.
- Fixed an issue where closing a tab sometimes causes the browser to crash.
- Fixed an issue where installing extensions sometimes leads to a browser crash.
- Fixed an issue where navigating to certain websites crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where Edge crashes on close, causing the Restore Tabs prompt to unexpectedly appear at startup.
- Fixed an issue where only the first Edge window opened in a session is all white with no UI.
- Fixed a hang on launch.
- Fixed an issue where Edge on Mac hangs when a user clicks the Restart button on the Settings page to install an update.
- Fixed an issue where favorites aren't syncing properly between machines.
- Fixed some issues where videos protected by DRM, such as on Netflix, don't play.
- Fixed an issue where the Share dialog doesn't appear.
- Fixed an issue where pinning a website to the Taskbar fails.
- Reduced the number of times sync errors result in a prompt for user interaction.
- Improved the reliability of screenshots so they stop appearing all black when submitting feedback.
- Fixed an issue where extensions that are installed from the Chrome Web Store are not getting automatically updated.
- Fixed an issue where Application Guard windows re-open when the browser is started even when the startup settings aren't set to restore the previous session.
- Fixed an issue where the Taskbar icon for Edge isn't updated to the new icon for some users.
- Fixed an issue where two Edge icons sometimes appear on the Taskbar after an Edge update.
- Fixed an issue where some UI images on Mac have black backgrounds.
- Fixed an issue where the first run experience appears on every new tab for some users.
- Fixed an issue where users in certain countries who are not signed into Windows with a work or school account still are not able to remove "Work" profiles that were automatically added to Edge even after a previous fix for this issue was shipped.
- Fixed an issue where the password save prompt unexpectedly appears when filling out credit card info on certain websites.
- Fixed an issue where the … menu appears truncated.
- Fixed an issue where Edge doesn't interact properly with other applications that try to show dialogs in the foreground.
- Fixed an issue where using the Mac Touch Bar to switch tabs sometimes doesn't work properly if the tabs are playing video.
- Fixed an issue where zoom is triggering in Reading View on Mac when it shouldn't be.
- Fixed an issue where new data types are available to sync, but they aren't enabled by default.
- Fixed an issue where the sync customization page during the first run experience doesn't properly enable sync for the selected items.
- Fixed an issue where enabling sync during the first run experience doesn't enable sync on certain data types.
- Improved the behavior of importing favorites on Mac.
- Updated the sync Settings page to show more types of data that will be available in the future, but with the switches disabled until that data type is available.
- Fixed an issue where there are two Passwords toggles and no Favorites toggle on the Settings page.
- Fixed an issue where the Restart button is always visible on the language Settings page on Mac.
- Fixed an issue where importing browser data from other Chrome profiles than the default one shows an incorrect profile name during the import process.
- Fixed an issue where the setting to show the favorites bar is not imported properly from Chrome.
- Improved what images are used when saving certain websites to a Collection.
- Added the ability to copy all Collections items to the clipboard.
This update is now rolling out for current Dev Channel testers, and you should see it install next time you restart the browser. If you haven't tried the new Edge yet, you can download the Beta, Dev, and Canary channels from the Edge Insider website now. Otherwise, the new Edge is slated for release to the public on January 15, 2020.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Got $200? If so, you can afford one of these excellent displays.
Getting a great PC monitor doesn't mean you have to spend megabucks. There are naturally some compromises, and you won't get 4K in that price range. But that's not always a bad thing. These are the best options for less than $200.
Surface Duo is better at multitasking than Galaxy Z Fold 2. Here's why.
The $2,000 Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 and $1,400 Microsoft Surface Duo are garnering many headlines because of pricing, and they both "fold" in some manner. But these devices are radically different, a point demonstrated with great effectiveness by @iAm_erica in this new video.
Review: Samsung Galaxy Book S brings amazing battery life, tough keyboard
Samsung's Galaxy Book S runs the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx ARM processor. With a slick, slim design and weighing just 2.1lbs how does this ultra-light laptop handle office productivity? With exceptionally good battery life and that always-on 4G LTE we have some thoughts in our latest review.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.