Sea of Thieves has experienced its fair share of balance issues and bugs since its March release, but developer Rare has been quick to address lingering issues with the rapid deployment of new patches over the past several weeks. This week, Rare is shipping another patch out to both PC and Xbox players, weighing in at around 1.3GB and addressing a boatload of issues.
The update ticks the game up to version 1.0.5 and includes a few tweaks to things like the position of ammo crates on ships and how UI screens load when opened. More importantly, there is a long list of fixes that address some lingering issues. Here's a look at all of what's new and fixed, along with the known issues that are still hanging about.
- New Message from Beyond - The Ferryman was unhappy with the text that had been written describing how to 'Scuttle' a ship, so he made them write a better version - and then walk the plank.
- Reload! - Adjusted position of the Ammo Crates on both ships, so they are easier to interact with.
- Play the next song! - Players will no longer play the same shanty twice in a row.
- UI Improvements - Images in the Vanity & Clothing Chests now load gracefully when browsing. In addition all UI screens now fade in when opened - Fancy!
- Resolved issues where Skeleton Fort or Bounty Quest Skeletons failed to spawn correctly. We have been resolving these spawning issues across the last 2 updates (1.0.3, 1.0.4), however with this update (1.0.5) we have now resolved all known reported spawning issues. If you find any further problem islands, please log a Support Article noting the island and we will investigate further.
- Players will no longer be stuck with a single weapon slot and players weapon choice will now also persist across sessions. Players who were experiencing the Single Weapon Slot issue will now be resolved as soon as they load into game. No more early visits to the Ferryman required!
- Ships will no longer ping up into the sky when sinking. In loving memory of the sky ships. This was our favourite!
- [PC] Push to talk option will no longer reset to default (disabled) between sessions.
- "You Can Always Trust The Untrustworthy" achievement can now be unlocked.
- Kraken is no longer able to spawn around rocks.
- Kraken tentacle should always be visible when holding a player.
- Pocket watch should no longer display as closed when being shown to another player.
- Skeletons and animals should no longer despawn when players climb in and out of the cannon.
- Rogue Sea Dog Trousers and Royal Sovereign Trousers should now unlock when the requirements are met.
- Lore Item descriptions are now localised.
- Reduced popping of UI in Quick Menu.
- It is no longer possible to clip through the ship when jumping on the Banana Barrel.
- Wrong company icon is no longer incorrectly displayed for a split second if user is trying to get XP from 2 different companies.
- It is no longer possible to drop behind the bar and get stuck in the Pirate Hideout.
- Updates to incorrect NPC dialogue lines.
- Getting into a cannon then getting back out should no longer skip the Tutorial.
- Players just outside the inky murk will now hear Kraken fight audio when it attacks other ships.
- Resolved issue where players could hear repeating audio SFX.
- Resolved issue where Gunpowder kegs could spawn outside of player reach.
- Fixed a potential client deadlock when encountering a networking error.
- Multiple server crash fixes.
- Some players cannot see their downloadable content in game.
- Once you redeem your code, here is a Support Article that shows you where to find your items in game. If you still cannot find your items in game, please raise a support ticket to log this issue.
- Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair colour / scars) looking different from their initial selection.
- We are working on a way for our Customer Support team to reset your pirate to your original selection. If you have experienced this bug, please ensure you have logged a Support Ticket for this issue.
- Players may encounter a grey screen when launching the game.
- Players are experiencing delayed achievements and commendations from in-game actions.
And if the fixes weren't enough, Rare has teased that there are some new "clothing, items, weapons and ship customisations" on the way to Sea of Thieves. No word on what to expect just yet, nor when the new items will arrive. However, if you're saving up your coins for somethign special, you may want to hold out a little while longer.
Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.5 is available now and weighs in at 1.36GB on Xbox One and 1.25GB on Windows 10. And if you haven't jumped into the game just yet, it's available for $59.99 or as part of Microsoft's monthly Xbox Game Pass subscription for $9.99 per month.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.