Skip to main content

Liquid Daffodil looking for SharePoint users to help test GimmalPoint on Windows 8

Liquid Daffodil is seeking testers for GimmalPoint on the Windows Store. The app (owned by GimmalPoint - https://www.gimmal.com/) enables SharePoint users to connect and view sites, documents, lists, libraries and more in multiple views. Billed as the "most full-featured" SharePoint solution available on Microsoft's desktop store, Liquid Daffodil is running into some problems with a handful of reports from users who can't seem to connect. 

Since the team is unable to reproduce said issues, they're looking out to the community to get some testers on-board.

So what's the incentive for doing so? Glad you asked. Liquid Daffodil will be rewarding those who help out the team in correcting issues (that some are experiencing with GimmalPoint) by handing out Ultimate Liquid Subscriptions (worth $15.99), which will unlock all LD software on both Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 for free (including future apps released). All that's required is SharePoint.

GimmalPoint

The issue being some users can't connect to specific SharePoint environments. Here's how you can get involved:

  1. Download GimmalPoint from the Windows Store (link below)
  2. Fire an email over to support@liquiddaffodil.com
  3. Connect to your SharePoint environments, and if you can’t connect, work with the team to help test and resolve their connection issues

As well as helping a resident Microsoft platform developer out, you'll also be able to test out GimmalPoint if you haven't already done so. Regardless as to whether or not you utilise SharePoint 2010 or 2013, on-premise or in the cloud, GimmalPoint will synchronise your data on Windows 8 devices, including touch-enabled machines and tablets. It's pretty neat.

Best of all, you get to take advantage of all the apps Liquid Daffodil has published on both the Windows 8 and Windows Phone stores with the subscription. You can download GimmalPoint (opens in new tab) from the Windows Store for free, but be sure to get in touch with the team to get started with helping out.

Rich Edmonds
Senior Editor, PC Build

Rich Edmonds is Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him over on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.

13 Comments
  • Tried to download but it said its no longer available
  • i downloaded it, but it connected without any problems
  • used search instead to find the app instead and then it it stalled and connected ok, only problem now is document libraries show 29 items but says its empty so cannot see any documents, also when i press +add it crashes the app
     
  • These are the exact nuances we'd love to have you help us with, since our testing across about 20 environments hasn't resulted in any issues. Shoot us an email! :)
  • I also had no issues downloading and connecting to 2 sharepoint sites and installing the Free document management add-on.
  • im using office 365 P1 will try again on my E3 account
  • Downloaded/installed and installed Document management add-on no problems at all. Will test this out.. looks fantastic though. Will help all my employee's who still haven't grasped Sharepoint..
    Thank you.
  • NOTE: About 80% of scenarios work perfectly, but your help in finding users connecting in the other 20% is critical. Your help in having 100% of all SharePoint environments, anywhere they exist, is the goal! :)
  • We have a few SharePoint farms so i'll be able to test this out pretty well, also helps being the SharePoint admin. However it will have to wait until i'm back from vacation next week.
  • I downloaded the app and wasn't able to connect to my SharePoint site. I have already sent an email to the support team at liquiddaffodil. Hoping to hear back soon so I can help.
  • I've to login with https://. NOT possible
  • Does this work with the Office365 P1 Sharepoint? Can someone elaborate on the "features"?
  • It should, it says that any SharePoint should work, and of not, send them an email