Riot Games continues trials for Valorant, its upcoming tactical first-person shooter, targeting summer availability on PC. The creator of League of Legends has opened tests for its project, likened to CounterStrike and Overwatch, featuring tight gunplay backed by ability-based heroes, dubbed Agents.
Agents assemble the foundations of Valorant's team play, each featuring a new variety of abilities, bringing unique traits to augment core combat. Each features four skills, divided into one signature ability available at the start of the round, two purchasable at the beginning of rounds, and one charged ultimate ability.
We've wrapped up a list of every Valorant agent so far, and their respective abilities.
Breach brings powerful disruption to any team's arsenal, with a variety of charges geared toward stirring confusion and dealing damage to foes. His abilities help negate awareness, while also disrupting battle with devastating earth-bending effects.
- Aftershock: EQUIP a fusion charge. FIRE the charge to set a slow-acting burst through the wall. The burst does heavy damage to anyone caught in its area.
- Flashpoint: EQUIP a blinding charge. FIRE the charge to set a fast-acting burst through the wall. The charge detonates to blind all players looking at it.
- Fault Line (Signature): EQUIP a seismic blast. HOLD FIRE to increase the distance. RELEASE to set off the quake, dazing all players in its zone and in a line up to the zone.
- Rolling Thunder (Ultimate): EQUIP a seismic charge. FIRE to send a cascading quake through all terrain in a large cone. The quake dazes and knocks up anyone caught in it.
This American commander serves his allies a tactical advantage, leveraging his military arsenal to deal damage and keep foes in their place. While primed to boost his team and keep the battle weighted in their favor, Brimstone's ultimate deals a chaotic strike to topple any round.
- Stim Beacon: EQUIP a Stim Beacon. FIRE to toss the stim beacon in front of Brimstone. Upon landing, the stim beacon will create a field that grants players RapidFire.
- Incendiary: EQUIP an Incendiary grenade launcher. FIRE to launch a grenade that detonates as it comes to a rest on the floor, creating a lingering fire zone that damages players within the zone.
- Sky Smoke (Signature): EQUIP a tactical map. FIRE to set locations where Brimstone's smoke clouds will land. ALTERNATE FIRE to confirm, launching long-lasting smoke clouds that block vision in the selected area.
- Orbital Strike (Ultimate): EQUIP a tactical map. FIRE to launch a lingering orbital strike laser at the selected location dealing high damage over-time to players caught in the selected area.
Cypher serves unmatched surveillance over the battle, using trapwires and spycams designed to highlight enemy positions. His ultimate ability exploits the dead to reveal living locations, providing full oversight of the map.
- Trapwire: EQUIP a trapwire. FIRE to place a destructible and covert tripwire at the targeted location, creating a line that spans between the placed location and the wall opposite. Enemy players who cross a tripwire will be tethered, revealed, and dazed after a short period if they do not destroy the device in time. This ability can be picked up to be REDEPLOYED.
- Incendiary: EQUIP a cyber cage. FIRE to toss the cyber cage in front of Cypher. ACTIVATE to create a zone that blocks vision and slows enemies who pass through it.
- Spycam (Signature): EQUIP a spycam. Fire to place the spycam at the targeted location. RE-USE this ability to take control of the camera's view. While in control of the camera. FIRE to shoot a marking dart. This dart will reveal the location of any player struck by the dart.
- Neural Theft (Ultimate): INSTANTLY use on a dead enemy player in your crosshairs to reveal the location of all living enemy players.
With abilities centered around targeting foes and staying on the move, this Korean fighter remains fast and agile and all times. Her skills provide a fusion of fast horizontal and vertical movement, coupled with deadly attacks to confuse and pounce on enemies.
- Cloudburst: INSTANTLY throw a projectile that expands into a brief vision-blocking cloud on impact with a surface. HOLD the ability key to curve the smoke in the direction of your crosshair.
- Updraft: INSTANTLY propel Jett high into the air.
- Tailwind (Signature): INSTANTLY propel Jett in the direction she is moving. If Jett is standing still, she will propel forward.
- Blade Storm (Ultimate): EQUIP a set of highly accurate throwing knives that recharge on killing an opponent. Fire to throw a single knife at your target. ALTERNATE FIRE to throw all remaining daggers at your target.
From his ghostly appearance down to cryptic abilities, Omen keeps enemies in the dark, while teleporting around their location. He can easily obscure enemy vision, with the toolset to jump across the map in seconds.
- Shrouded Step: EQUIP a shadow walk ability and see its range indicator. Fire to begin a brief channel, then teleport to the marked location.
- Paranoia: INSTANTLY fire a shadow projectile forward, briefly reducing the vision range of all players it touches. This projectile can pass straight through walls.
- Dark Cover (Signature): EQUIP a shadow orb and see its range indicator. FIRE to throw the shadow orb to the marked location, creating a long-lasting shadow sphere that blocks vision. HOLD ALTERNATE FIRE while targeting to move the marker further away. HOLD the ability key with targeting to move the marker closer.
- From the Shadows (Ultimate): EQUIP a tactical map. FIRE to begin teleporting to the selected location. While teleporting, Omen will appear as a Shade that can be destroyed by an enemy to cancel his teleport.
Fire-bending abilities define Phoenix, morphing the blaze to cut off enemy sightlines and deal area damage. His ultimate provides an easy way to retreat, either via a countdown or death.
- Blaze: EQUIP a flame wall. FIRE to create a line of flames that moves forward, creating a wall that blocks vision and damages players passing through it. HOLD FIRE to bend the wall in the direction of your crosshair.
- Curveball: EQUIP a flare orb that takes a curving path and detonates shortly after throwing, impairing vision. FIRE to curve the flare orb to the left, detonating and blinding any player who sees the orb. ALTERNATE FIRE to curve the flare orb to the right.
- Hot Hands (Signature): EQUIP a fireball. FIRE to throw a fireball that explodes after a set amount of time or upon hitting the ground, creating a lingering fire zone that damages enemies.
- Run it Back (Ultimate): INSTANTLY place a marker at Phoenix's location. While this ability is active, dying or allowing the timer to expire will end this ability and bring Phoenix back to this location with full health.
Explosives run in this agent's DNA, packing a variety of volatile gadgets, each which different gameplay effects. She's dedicated to damage and nothing else, requiring a balance of aggression and tactics.
- Boom Bot: EQUIP a Boom Bot. FIRE will deploy the bot, causing it to travel in a straight line on the ground, bouncing off walls. The Boom Bot will lock on to any enemies in its frontal cone and chase them, exploding for heavy damage if it reaches them.
- Blast Pack: INSTANTLY throw a Blast Pack that will stick to surfaces. RE-USE the ability after deployment to detonate, damaging and moving anything hit.
- Paint Shells (Signature): EQUIP a cluster grenade. FIRE to throw the grenade, which does damage and creates sub-munitions, each doing damage to anyone in their range.
- Showstopper (Ultimate): EQUIP a rocket launcher. Fire shoots a rocket that does massive area damage on contact with anything.
Sage brings orb-wielding abilities to Valorant, capable of halting and slowing enemies, while also healing and resurrecting allies. She's the healer of the group while holding enemies in their place.
- Barrier Orb: EQUIP a barrier orb. FIRE places a solid wall. ALTERNATE FIRE rotates the targeter.
- Slow Orb: EQUIP a slowing orb. FIRE to throw a slowing orb forward that detonates upon landing, creating a lingering field that slows players caught inside of it.
- Healing Orb (Signature): FIRE a healing orb. FIRE with your crosshairs over a damaged ally to activate a heal-over-time on them. ALTERNATE FIRE while Sage is damaged to activate a self heal-over-time.
- Resurrection (Ultimate): EQUIP a resurrection ability. FIRE with your crosshairs placed over a dead ally to begin resurrecting them. After a brief channel, the ally will be brought back to life with full health.
As the scout of the roster, Sova features a high-precision loadout, coupled with a touch of intel. His drones and bolts help track enemies, while also delivering ranged damage.
- Owl Drone: EQUIP an owl drone. FIRE to deploy and take control of movement of the drone. While in control of the drone, FIRE to shoot a marking dart. This dart will reveal the location of any player struck by the dart.
- Shock Bolt: EQUIP a bow with shock bolt. FIRE to send the explosive bolt forward detonating upon collision and damaging players nearby. HOLD FIRE to extend the range of the projectile. ALTERNATE FIRE to add up to two bounces to this arrow.
- Recon Bolt (Signature): EQUIP a bow with recon bolt. FIRE to send the bolt forward activating upon collision and revealing the location of nearby enemies caught in the line of sight of the bolt. Enemies can destroy this bolt. HOLD FIRE to extend the range of the projectile. ALTERNATE FIRE to add up to two bounces to this arrow.
- Hunter's Fury (Ultimate): EQUIP a bow with three long-range, wall-piercing energy blasts. FIRE to release an blast in a line in front of Sova, dealing damage and revealing the location of enemies caught in the line. This ability can be RE-USED up to two more times while the ability timer is active.
The master of poison and chemicals, Viper, brings piercing, toxic tools to slow down enemy movement and deal damage across a broad area of effect.
- Snake Bite: EQUIP a chemical launcher. FIRE to launch a canister that shatters upon hitting the floor, creating a lingering chemical zone that damages and slows enemies.
- Poison Cloud: EQUIP a gas emitter. FIRE to throw the emitter that perpetually remains throughout the round. RE-USE the ability to create a toxic gas cloud at the cost of fuel. This ability can be RE-USED more than once and can be picked up to be REDEPLOYED.
- Toxic Screen (Signature): EQUIP a gas emitter launcher. FIRE to deploy a long line of gas emitters. RE-USE the ability to create a tall wall of toxic gas at the cost of fuel. This ability can be RE-USED more than once.
- Viper's Pit (Ultimate): EQUIP a chemical sprayer. FIRE to spray a chemical cloud in all directions around Viper, creating a large cloud that reduces the vision range and maximum health of players inside of it.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.