What you need to know
- Another weekly build for the Microsoft Edge Dev channel is now available.
- This week, there's a new feature that allows you to add text notes to Collection items.
- The usual range of fixes and improvements are here as well.
Microsoft shipped another new weekly build for the Microsoft Edge Dev channel today. This week, there's relatively little on the side of new features. However, there is a new feature that allows you to add text notes for specific items in your Collections.
Otherwise, you're looking at the usual mix of general improvements and fixes. Here's a full look at what's new:
- Added the ability to attach text notes to specific items in a Collection, as well as the ability to change the background color for general notes.
- Added extra warnings when downloading inherently dangerous file types like DLLs.
- Fixed an issue where running the favorites deduplicator sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where clearing browsing data sometimes misses some things.
- Fixed an issue where the address bar on new tabs is sometimes populated with old search terms instead of being empty.
- Fixed an issue where InPrivate windows are sometimes blocked for users of Family Safety even though they shouldn't be.
- Fixed an issue where credential prompts are sometimes not shown, for example if they're initiated from within an extension instead of a webpage.
- Fixed an issue where adding certain language packs to Windows causes Edge spellcheck to be disabled due to an error downloading the spellcheck files.
- Fixed an issue where enabling extension sync sometimes causes extensions to no longer be able to be installed from the Chrome web store because the setting to do so inadvertently gets turned off.
- Fixed an issue where extensions that have been synced from one installation to another sometimes can't be removed from the installation they were synced to.
- Fixed an issue where Read Aloud sometimes doesn't stop when it should.
- Fixed an issue where the browser profile name is sometimes inconsistent between Settings, the profile button flyout, etc.
- Fixed an issue where searching for entries on the History management page sometimes messes up the page visually.
- Fixed an issue where text notes in a Collection sometimes get deleted immediately after being synced or saved if they're empty.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the Touch Bar media scrubber sometimes doesn't appear on pages that have media.
- Fixed an issue where toggling text spacing options in Immersive Reader while Line Focus mode is already active causes the current focus area to be messed up.
This update is rolling out now as version 84.0.508.0. If you want to test out development builds for Microsoft Edge, you can download the Beta, Dev, and Canary builds at the Edge Insider site now. Otherwise, you can grab the release version at the official Edge site.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.