What you need to know
- A new Microsoft Edge Dev channel build is rolling out now.
- The latest release brings a couple of new features and a swath of bug fixes.
- This update is available now as Microsoft Edge version 87.0.654.0.
Microsoft Edge testers on the Dev channel can check out another new build this week. Rolling out now as version 87.0.654.0, this update brings a couple of new features. However, it's mostly focused on the usual batch of bug fixes and performance improvements.
Here's a quick look at all of what's new and fixed in this release:
- Rolled out Share, Copy, and Paste Settings more broadly.
- Extended formatted link copying capabilities to links copied from webpages.
- Fixed a crash on startup due to sync.
- Fixed a crash when closing the browser while the Guided Switch dialog is open.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the IE logo next to the address bar in IE mode tabs crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash when printing.
- Fixed a hang when using IE mode and loading pages in other tabs.
- Fixed an issue where sidebar Search sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where using Save As sometimes fails to save PDFs after they've been edited.
- Fixed an issue where importing payment info from other browsers fails when Edge is set to not save payment info entered into webpages.
- Fixed an issue where the Jumplist sometimes is missing.
- Fixed an issue where Family Safety sometimes doesn't work in InPrivate windows.
- Fixed an issue where Taskbar shortcuts sometimes don't show the proper account picture.
- Fixed an issue where websites installed as apps sometimes don't have the proper name in Windows.
- Fixed an issue where deleted search engines sometimes return after restarting the browser.
- Fixed an issue where exporting a Collection to OneNote sometimes doesn't export all the images.
- Fixed an issue where shift+clicking in PDFs unselects any selected text instead of extending the selection.
- Fixed an issue where searching on the Extensions management page sometimes incorrectly shows a popup that an extension has been removed.
- Fixed an issue where the Translate popup sometimes shows the wrong language compared to what language the page has actually been translated to.
- Fixed an issue where Shy UI sometimes dismisses when it shouldn't.
- Fixed an issue where the management policy to Configure On Premises Account Auto Sign In doesn't work properly for some device configurations.
- Temporarily disabled Tab Groups.
This update is available now for Dev channel testers and should download automatically. To do a manual update, you can check the "About Microsoft Edge" portion of the settings menu. The Beta, Dev, and Canary channels are available to download separately, while the stable build is available at the official Microsoft Edge website.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Xbox Series X Ultimate Guide: Everything you need to know
Here's everything you need to know about the next-generation Xbox console from Microsoft: Xbox Series X.
Xbox One S vs. Xbox One X: Which should you buy?
When it comes to Xbox, right now you have two different consoles to choose from. Which is better for you? Let's take a look.
How to pick the best XPS 13 configuration for your needs
Buying a new laptop doesn't have to be an overwhelming experience. We’ve put together an XPS 13 (9310) buying guide to ensure you spend where it counts.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.