What you need to know
- Microsoft Edge Dev just got an update to version 92.0.891.1.
- The update adds new settings options for vertical tabs, including the option to hide the title bar.
- There's also a new theme for Immersive Reader and several other improvements.
Microsoft recently rolled out an update to Edge Dev that brings several new features to the browser. A couple of the features involve vertical tabs, including the option to hide the title bar when using them. You can also turn vertical tabs on or off in all currently open instances of Edge. The update brings Edge Dev to version 92.0.891.1.
- Added a dark gray theme to Immersive Reader.
- Added a Setting to turn on or off vertical tabs in all currently open windows.
- Added a setting to hide the title bar when tabs are in vertical mode.
- Finished rolling out Microsoft Rewards integration in the Account button.
- Added support for remembering the pin state of the History and Downloads menus (remembering pin state in general is still controlled behind a flag).
Microsoft also rolled out several improvements to reliability:
- Fixed an issue on Mac where dragging a tab out of a window sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash on startup on Mac.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the browser sometimes doesn't open if multiple profiles are present.
- Fixed a crash when using Shopping features.
- Fixed an issue where some websites fail to install as apps.
- Fixed a hang when using IE mode tabs.
A Reddit thread on the update includes several comments about the new features. It appears that vertical tabs are a big hit among Edge users.
Grab it now
Freeing up screen space
Microsoft Edge Dev just gained several new options for vertical tabs. The same update also brings a new theme for Immersive Reader and several other new options.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org (opens in new tab).
"Added a Setting to turn on or off vertical tabs in all currently open windows."
Yup, I mentioned it a few days ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftEdge/comments/n6feem/have_you_ever_had... "Added a dark gray theme to Immersive Reader."
This is definitely the best background color when reading articles (I mentioned it on Reddit too 😉).
Good for you 😁
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.