Following a short period of beta testing, Microsoft Edge is now rolling out intelligent visual search for everyone. The addition brings the iOS version of the app up to par with its Android counterpart, which picked up visual search in June. But beyond that, there are a few other neat features tagging along in this update as well, including paste-and-search and the option to choose from more default search engines.
As for the highlight feature of this update, visual search lets you quickly snap a photo or choose one from your camera roll, then search the internet for information based on whatever you snapped. Microsoft is talking up the feature's usefulness for shopping, helping to track down items of clothing, for example, that you like. That's also bolstered by a built-in barcode scanner, which can be used to find deals on items. Visual search can be used to find more information on landmarks around you as well.
Here's a full look at all of what's new in this update:
- Intelligent visual search gives you a cool new way to find contact info, identify landmarks, or find similar images based on a photo
- Support paste and go/search in address bar
- Choose from more default search engine options
- Performance improvements
And if you're signed in with a work or school account, there are a few other goodies to check out:
- See your organization's home page
- Securely access intranet sites from home
- See mobile browser activity on your PC's timeline
If you're giving Microsoft Edge a shot on your iPhone or iPad, you can check out all of these new features by grabbing the latest update from the App Store now.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.