A fresh update is now rolling out to the Microsoft Launcher beta, bringing a number of new customization features for testers to check out. Perhaps the biggest change is that you can now use your own set Microsoft Launcher to rotate through your own collection of wallpapers, rather than the daily wallpaper provided by Bing. Also included are several smaller features, like the option to enable badge notifications on a per-app basis, and some UI adjustments.
Here's a look at what's new in Microsoft Launcher beta version 4.7:
- Daily custom background: Get daily background not only from Bing but now from your own custom set of wallpapers!
- Set your wallpapers to be scrollable
- Badge notifications: Control app notification badges for specific apps.
- Lock screen calendar notifications.
- UI adjustments:
- Simplified long press app context menu;
- Support both move & clone when moving apps in app drawer to form a folder;
- Bug fix on Feedback & Help page;
Microsoft Launcher has been on a roll when it comes to new features. The last big update to hit the Android app brought Cortana integration, and previous updates, like version 4.7, have focused on adding more customization tweaks to the experience.
If you're already enrolled as a Microsoft Launcher beta tester, version 4.7 is available now from Google Play. If you aren't enrolled, you can sign up to become a beta tester and check out all of what's new. Otherwise, assuming testing goes well, these features should make their way to the release version of Microsoft Launcher in short order.