We're only a week out from Patch Tuesday, but Microsoft is shipping out another batch of cumulative updates for Windows 10 PCs. In all, updates are available for PCs on the Fall Creators Update, Creators Update, and Anniversary Update. Each contains a batch of fixes for lingering issues in each release.
For Windows 10 users on the Fall Creators Update, which make up the majority of Windows 10 users, the update pushes the build number up to 16299.334 with KB4089848 (opens in new tab). Here's a look at what's new:
- Addresses issue with a GDI handle leak in the Windows Ribbon control.
- Addresses issue where users can't select OK after entering credentials in command line on Windows Server version 1709.
- Addresses issues where Bluetooth devices fail to receive data after a restart.
- Addresses issue where, during BitLocker decryption or encryption of a drive, files protected with the Encrypting File System (EFS) may become corrupted.
- Addresses issue where the server may occasionally encounter an error during file transfer. The error is "Stop D1 in tcpip!TcpSegmentTcbSend".
- Addresses issue where an iSCSI RESET might trigger a cluster failover.
- Addresses issue in MPIO where pass-through SCSI requests might lead to a stop error if the disk is pending removal.
- Addresses issue where processing of group policies may fail, and policies may be removed as a result. This occurs if the length of the Windows Defender Firewall policy rule exceeds 260 characters.
- Addresses issue caused by a new privilege in Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 version 1709 named "Obtain an impersonation token for another user in the same session". When applied using Group Policy to those computers, gpresult /h fails to generate reporting data for any setting configured by the Security Configuration Engine (SCE) extension. The error message is "Requested value 'SeDelegateSessionUserImpersonatePrivilege' was not found". The Group Policy Management Console fails to show the privilege in the Settings tab for a GPO where the setting has been configured.
- Addresses issue where errors may occur when accessing WebDAV files or folders on a SharePoint site if the file or folder name contains multibyte characters.
- Addresses issue where the Remote Desktop License report gets corrupted when it exceeds the 4 KB size limit.
- Addresses issue where an Azure point-to-site VPN connection that uses IKEv2 may fail when the user's device contains a large number of trusted root certificates.
- Addresses rendering issue in Microsoft Edge for PDF documents with backgrounds created using various third-party publishing tools.
- Addresses issue where a media platform stops responding when changing cameras rapidly on a device.
- Addresses issue where a media platform stops responding, which affects media playback in Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Addresses issue with spatial audio when used in connection to Dolby Atmos for Headphones.
- Addresses issue where a credential prompt that requires administrative privileges appears when a standard user account performs the first logon to a Windows 10 device that has been deployed using Windows Autopilot.
- Addresses issue where tiles in the Start menu aren't preserved when upgrading from Windows 10 version 1607 to Windows 10 version 1709.
- Addresses issue with Spell Check and custom dictionaries.
- Addresses issue with the press and hold feature when using a pen in Tablet mode.
- Addresses issue with editing web password fields using a touch keyboard.
- Addresses issue where some Bluetooth card readers don't work after a restart.
No matter your PC's version, each update should be available for download via Windows Update now.
What about W10M, also new fixes?
Mobile has received theirs for this month. if you haven't received it exit out of the release ring had to do that on a Phone running 15063.
Yea, but PCs also received theirs for this month, just take a look back through the articles on WC and you'll see it has already happened. This one fixes a raft of bugs that came along with that previous update it seems, and they could be useful on W10M. Anything to straighten out the Bluetooth is going to be very helpful.
I've received it this month, last weekend and now I'm on 15254.313 with my Lumia 950 while I was in the Release preview. I switched to the slow ring on Mobile and my first laptop from Release preview and stopped updates for 7 days. I received updates for the slow ring and now on Build 1803, version 17120.1
But my other laptops had received updates lately and this evening again! All now on 16299.309. Also my Gigabyte T1028 with an ARM N280, still update and running.
Shame there's now updates for Mobile 😭😭
Accelerometer driver stopped working on Digiland DL801w, Code 10. Uninstalled and New hardware scan has it working ok again.
Interestingly not seeing this update on a Surface 3 Pro on Insider Release Preview
My Surface Pro 4 and my Desktop are not seeing this update.
Same here. SP4 and custom built i7 desktop. Nothing so far. Seems to be taking longer than usual.
Same for me as well. Though mine is just a simple, older desktop.
There are very few peoples in the world that never came <a href="http://xmodandroid.com/" >xmodgames</a> across with any format of games whether indoor or outdoor.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.