Microsoft has rolled out an official version of its Xbox app for iOS and Android. Already available for the company's own Windows platform, those rocking competitor mobile handsets will now be able to remain up-to-date with all things Xbox. With the app installed, it's possible to track accomplishments, see what your friends are currently playing, as well as purchase new titles from the Xbox Store.
The Xbox app on both iOS and Android are actually revamped successors to the old Xbox SmartGlass offerings. That said, everything you enjoyed using in the old app should remain available in this new updated experience, but will added features and more. Here's a quick run down of everything new this month:
- Updated home – The Activity Feed is the home of the Xbox app
- Activity feed updates – More personalised activity feed
- Added Trending content – Find out what is popular on Xbox Live
- Facebook friend finder – Add your Facebook friends who are also on Xbox
- Contact list friend finder – Use your phones contact list to add friends to Xbox Live
- Real name sharing – Be able to share your real name with your friends
- Game hubs – Game Hubs now added to Xbox app
- Connection destination – Updated the Xbox One navigation and media control of your Xbox One from the app
- Updated profiles – Redesigned user profiles in Xbox app
Download the apps from the respective App Store and let us know how you get on!