What you need to know
- Microsoft is rolling out the July OS update for Surface Duo.
- The update brings the OS security patch to July 5.
- The changelong notes that this is only a security update with no new fixes.
Updated 4PM ET: Added changelog.
Another month and another delivered update for the Microsoft Surface Duo is available for unlocked and AT&T devices. The update brings the July 5 Android Security update and presumably other fixes and optimizations to the dual-screen phone.
Microsoft has updated the changelog, and it notes that the only change is a security update with no other fixes or optimizations:
- Addresses scenarios outlined in the Android Security Bulletin - July 2021.
The update bumps the Surface Duo OS version number from 2021.525.6x to 2021.622.xx and seems to be small and minor due to the 20 MB file size.
For those looking for Android 11, unfortunately, we heard that update wouldn't be until a bit later, possibly around the October timeframe.
To grab the update yourself, use these steps:
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Select Settings on your Surface Duo's home screen.
- Select System.
- Select System Update.
- Select Check for update.
- Select Restart now.
The update is rolling out now for all models of the Surface Duo. What are your thoughts on Surface Duo's monthly OS updates? Let us know in the comments.
Thanks for the tip, @VincibleAndy!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.