What you need to know
- Microsoft Yammer has a redesigned look on the web and mobile devices.
- Yammer also has deeper integrations with several Microsoft services.
- Microsoft also announced some new capabilities for Yammer alongside the redesign's launch.
Microsoft Yammer's new look is now rolling out to the public. The redesigned app features Fluent Design and a "reimagined user experience for both web and mobile," according to Microsoft. The new look of Yammer was previously shown off by Microsoft toward the end of last year.
In addition to the new look, Yammer now has deeper integrations with several services, including Microsoft 365 and SharePoint. In addition to announcing the new Yammer's general availability, Microsoft announced some new capabilities:
- Featured conversations to drive visibility and engagement to important conversations
- Support for external guests in communities, powered by Azure B2B, so that all communities can host live events and take advantage of Microsoft
- 365 compliance benefits. Azure B2B also brings external communities to Yammer customers in the European Union.
The new integrations for Yammer and the improved design and experience should make it easier to coordinate communication across Microsoft services. Yammer works with Microsoft Teams, Outlook, SharePoint, and Microsoft 365.
Microsoft 365 Global Admins can configure access to the new Yammer with the Yammer admin portal. Admins can choose the new Yammer or the classic Yammer as the default for their organization.