What you need to know
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition has an ongoing beta program to test upcoming fixes and changes.
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 184.108.40.206 is now rolling out with plenty of fixes for the 'Caves and Cliffs Update.'
- As this is still a part of 1.17 Part One, don't expect any new features or major alterations in this beta.
- The focus appears to be on fixing more crashes and on parity changes with Minecraft: Java Edition.
Minecraft is nearing the end of the week with a new bug-fixing beta for the Caves and Cliffs Update, which players can test now. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 220.127.116.11 is now rolling out to testers, and it includes a hefty selection of bug fixes and parity changes. Of course, this beta is still on the 1.17 branch for the already-released Caves and Cliffs Update Part One, so there are no new features here.
The focus of this week's beta seems to be on fixing a handful of critical issues that could cause crashes, bring the Bedrock and Java Editions of Minecraft a little closer together, and introducing further changes to the technical and creation aspects of Minecraft. As we get closer to the end of the year, we'll hopefully begin to see more and more of 1.18 Caves and Cliffs Update Part Two, which is slated to release in Winter 2021.
Minecraft: Bedrock Edition is all about constant improvement over time, just like our comprehensive list of best Minecraft toys and gifts.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 18.104.22.168 includes:
Features & bug fixes
Stability & performance
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when downloading large marketplace worlds
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash or prevented worlds from being accessed or opened on some Android 11 devices
- Matched respawn from bed behavior with Java by attempting to avoid placing the player on damage dealing blocks when waking up from a bed
- Matched respawn from bed behavior with Java by attempting to place the player on the side of the bed they entered from when waking up from a bed
- Mob spawners no longer emit light (Java parity)
- Staying close to Powder Snow doesn't protect undead mobs from burning under sunlight
- Infinite loading no longer appears after selecting the "See pack in store" button within the skin pack description section of the dressing room
UI & HUD
- Fixed an issue where the item category text color did not match the item text color if it was changed in resource packs
- Fixed an issue where patterns in the loom would not display correctly with some texture packs
Data driven blocks
- Allows creators to specify Molang conditions for each "bone" listed in the geometry JSON that turn on / off bones based on the block state
- Must have experimental toggle on to use
- Fixed experimental
query.bone_orientation_trsto have correct translation Y and scale results
- Adds experimental
- Takes a block relative position and a set of tags
- Returns 0 / 1
- Must have experimental toggle on to use
- Crash will no longer occur when entering a world with a custom resource pack that contains
- Moved experimental Molang queries (other than those related to Actor Properties) to a new 'Experimental Molang Features' toggle
- Added DragonFX materials to support rasterized g-buffer prepass of raytracing resources
Data driven items
- Updated documentation for
- Fixed controller support when editing NPC dialog
- Parsing of UI json field "ignored" now throws a content_error if it is invalid
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.