What you need to know
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition is testing new features from the upcoming 'Caves and Cliffs Update' through betas.
- Mojang Studios is now releasing Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 184.108.40.206 to beta testers on Xbox, PC, and Android.
- In the latest Minecraft beta, Mojang Studios has added the axolotl neutral mob, the deepslate block, and tweaked generation.
- There are a handful of known issues and bug fixes in this Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta as well.
The latest Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta is arriving for Minecraft beta testers on Xbox, PC, and Android devices. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 220.127.116.11 adds a handful of new features from the upcoming Caves and Cliffs Update, which is shaping up to be one of the largest releases yet for Minecraft.
In this beta, players will be able to play with the new axolotl, a new multi-colored neutral mob that can fight on your behalf, play dead, and more. Mojang Studios has also added the new deepslate block, which we've seen in Minecraft: Java Edition snapshots already. Deepslate will replace stone and cobblestone in the world below a certain depth, and can be used for crafting just like cobblestone.
There are also a handful of bug fixes, and a couple of known issues that beta players should look out for.
If you're participating in the Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta program, chances are you're a huge Minecraft fan. Pick something up for yourself or a fellow Minecrafter in your life from our list of best merch, toys, and gifts for Minecraft.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 18.104.22.168 includes:
- Spawning - Axolotls will spawn underground, in water
- Tempting & Breeding - Holding a bucket of tropical fish will cause nearby axolotls to follow the player on both land and water. Axolotls cannot be tamed but they can be bred by feeding them buckets of tropical fish
- Attacking - Axolotls will attack fish, squid, drowned, and guardians!
- Colors - Axolotls come in a variety of colors, all with an equal chance of spawning except for blue. Blue axolotls have a small chance of spawning as a mutation when breeding 2 axolotls
- Drying Out - Axolotls can survive on dry land for a few minutes. After that they will start to dry out and take continuous damage until rehydrated
- Playing Dead - When taking damage, there is a chance that the axolotl will play dead. While playing dead, the axolotl will regenerate health and mobs will be unable to target the axolotl
- Combat Regeneration - When a player kills a mob that the axolotl was attacking, they are rewarded with the regeneration effect, and their mining fatigue is removed if they have it
- Bucketing - Axolotls can be picked up with buckets, like fish
- The following Deepslate blocks have been added:
- Cobbled Deepslate
- Cobbled Deepslate Slab
- Cobbled Deepslate Stairs
- Cobbled Deepslate Wall
- Polished Deepslate
- Polished Deepslate Slab
- Polished Deepslate Stairs
- Polished Deepslate Wall
- Deepslate Tiles
- Deepslate Tile Slab
- Deepslate Tile Stairs
- Deepslate Tile Wall
- Deepslate Bricks
- Deepslate Brick Slab
- Deepslate Brick Stairs
- Deepslate Brick Wall
- Deepslate Lapis Ore
- Deepslate Iron Ore
- Deepslate Gold Ore
- Deepslate Redstone Ore
- Deepslate Diamond Ore
- Deepslate Coal Ore
- Deepslate Emerald Ore
- Deepslate Copper Ore
- Cracked Deepslate Tiles
- Cracked Deepslate Bricks
- Chiseled Deepslate
- Deepslate is generated in blobs below y = 16
- Ore is generated as normal, when ore is generated where Deepslate has been generated, Deepslate ore is generated instead
- Axolotls don't spawn naturally in the world
- Leads attached to axolotls float too high above their heads
- Placing Glow lichen on all sides of a single block can cause a crash
Bug fixes & tweaks
- Improved underwater visibility in all sorts of water, water-filled caverns in particular
- Oxidized Copper Block variants can now be waxed!
- Tweaked which blocks can be placed on pointed dripstone, to match Java Edition
- Pointed dripstone now correctly breaks when pushed by piston
- Dripstone and pointed dripstone now have correct sounds when walking / jumping on them
- Glow lichen is now under the nature category of the Creative inventory
- Lightning Rods now correctly activate Observers when struck by lightning
- Big dripleaf can now be waterlogged
- Big dripleaf now untilts correctly after getting hit by a projectile
- Small dripleaf can now also be placed on dirt, farmland, grass, moss block, and podzol as long as its stem is underwater
- Moss block now blocks water
- Ladder, vines, twisting vines, weeping vines, sweet berry bush, nether sprouts, and fire can now be placed on Moss blocks
- Spore Blossom correctly drop itself when broken with Shears
- Mobs can now pathfind across moss blocks
- Lush caves can now contain classic "jungle" vines
- Fixed a bug where the screen reader did not read the focused button on some screens
- Fixed a bug where English screen reader pronounced "A button" as "a button", now saying "Button A" instead
- Trident in Players' and Mobs' hands are now correctly positioned in all perspective modes
- Trident raising animation modified for first person to more closely match the previous version
- Water Buckets can now be used to pick up fish
- Rabbits can now raid carrot crops
- Animals can no longer be fed infinitely until they are bred
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.