What you need to know
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition tests future updates and changes through its beta program on Xbox, PC, and Android.
- The latest beta, 126.96.36.199, includes lots of bug fixes but little else in the way of new features or changes.
- Future betas should include more new features from the upcoming 'Caves and Cliffs Update.'
- Minecraft: Java Edition just got a snapshot with 'Caves and Cliffs Update' features earlier today.
Another week, another beta release for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. Minecraft beta 188.8.131.52 is rolling out to players enrolled in the Minecraft beta on Xbox, Windows 10 PCs, and Android today with several bug fixes and general improvements in tow. Unfortunately, there aren't any new features from the upcoming Caves and Cliffs Update, like with the Minecraft: Java Edition snapshot that released earlier today, but the improvements here are still welcome.
If you're looking for more Caves and Cliffs Update features to test out, the last Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta that released last week added copper ore and copper blocks.
Minecraft fans should take a look at our list of Best Minecraft Merch, Toys, and Gifts for something awesome, either for themselves or someone else in their life.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta 184.108.40.206 includes:
- The screen reader now properly announces edit / create character button text for each character on the profile screen
Performance & stability
- Fixed a number of crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the achievements screen when the anti-aliasing setting was set to 1
- Fixed ticks not affecting blocks changing states - this means that things like crops and saplings will once again grow correctly
- Fixed the player being unable to interact with a tool in their inventory after breaking blocks with it in survival
- Fixed dried kelp block bottom and carried textures so that rope pixels are aligned
- Fixed an issue where snow accumulated in lines with certain simulation distances
- TNT submerged in water will once again launch players in Survival mode
- Fixed an issue where achievement names and descriptions would not be translated, independent of language selection
- The online status of cross-platform friends' shown on the invite screen will now update when a change has been detected
- Fixed an issue that prevented achievement rewards from showing correctly after changing the language setting
- Owned and purchasable skins no longer get mixed into different categories while offline
- Emote title no longer shows previously previewed emote upon re-entering tab
- Updated the in-game links to the feedback site and bug tracker
- Goat and other tinted spawn eggs now look correct when held in hand
- Fixed an issue with screen resolution which could flicker when resizing a window
- Entities that use material state "Blending" now render correctly behind transparent parts
Technical fixes & changes
- On the "Dragons!" Marketplace map, behavior animation controller will no longer stop working after reloading the map with a saddled dragon
Custom biomes & blocks
- Disabled loading of entities in custom biome features
- Fixed UVs of data-driven blocks to not be slightly shrunk, which caused texel warping
- Fixed data driven blocks being pushed by pistons not working correctly
Render offsets component
- Simple items, like swords or pickaxes, can have an optional offset applied to them to modify the way they are rendered. Note this component should not be added to an attachable item
main_hand- An optional object storing optional transform data for
third_personfor the player's right hand
off_hand- An optional object storing optional transform data for
third_personfor the player's left hand
first_person- An optional object storing 3 vectors
scaleused to build the first person matrix
third_person- An optional object storing 3 vectors
scaleused to build the third person matrix
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer primarily focused on covering the latest news, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been with Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019. While originally brought on to write about all things Minecraft, Zachary has since expanded to write about practically everything that Windows Central covers. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Microsoft Minecraft ftw. Ok, one more then that's it. Just showing how ridiculous the rebranding is.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.