What you need to know
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition is slowly testing new 'Caves and Cliffs Update' features through Experimental Features in betas.
- The latest Minecraft beta, 18.104.22.168, is now rolling out to insiders with a handful of bug fixes and improvements.
- The most notable fixes are targeted at powder snow, a new block type coming in the 'Caves and Cliffs Update.'
- In case you missed it, Mojang Studios recently publically released a new bug-fixing update for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition.
Minecraft is following up the official release of 1.16.210 with a brand-new Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 22.214.171.124 includes a handful of bug fixes for testers to, well, put to the test. While there are general fixes and improvements here, the most notable fixes are aimed at powder snow, a new feature in the upcoming Caves and Cliffs Update.
The Caves and Cliffs Update is the next major update for Minecraft, and will add a ton of new features to (you guessed it) caves and mountains! The Caves and Cliffs Update is slated for release in Summer 2021, although an exact release date hasn't been provided. Mojang Studios is slowly testing new features in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition betas using the Experimental Features toggle.
If you want to get the most out of Minecraft, especially when you're playing with friends, consider one of the Best Headsets for Xbox Series X|S. There's also something on our list of Best Merch, Toys, and Gifts for Minecraft for every Minecraft fan, no matter how old.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 126.96.36.199 includes:
- Sounds of ditching / collecting Powder Snow with bucket are now assigned to the correct sound categories
- Player no longer constantly emits particles when on fire after exiting Powder Snow
- Powder Snow block is no longer present in Creative Menu
- Fixed Drowned holding tridents backwards during attack
- Enabled "Find Friends" button on Xbox
Performance & stability
- Improved input latency on Windows 10 when VSYNC is enabled
- Fixed a bug where UI screen reader didn't read out default controller focus and checkbox state on the Online Play is not Rated pop-up
Technical fixes & changes
- Renamed all references of
- Added startSequence in
GameTestwhich allows finer control over advanced test sequences
GameTestsequence callbacks no longer take
testas a parameter as the initial test object now lives as long as the whole test
- Updated behavior packs to require explicit module dependencies when using other native modules
- Identifiers within
render_controllerswill now be considered content errors if there is no render controller matching that name
jsonbefore version 1.16.100 will no longer give a content error for the deprecated field
- Modified condition in
animation_controllers.jsonto allow mobs to enter
- Fixed an issue where loading into a world would cause continuous molang errors around "unhandled request for unknown variable"
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.