What you need to know
- On Monday, Mojang Studios announced the next update for Minecraft Dungeons will be Season 2 'Luminous Nights.'
- The second Seasonal Adventure will bring new areas to explore, puzzles to solve, and foes to battle on April 20, 2022.
- It'll also feature a new Adventure Pass and plenty of rewards, including adorable new pets and cosmetics that glow in the dark.
- Mojang Studios is including plenty of quality-of-life improvements, including a long-awaited storage chest to organize player inventories.
Minecraft Dungeons is Mojang Studios' first successful attempt to genuinely expand the Minecraft franchise into a new video game genre, and it has continued to grow and evolve since its release. After releasing a series of story-focused DLC, Minecraft Dungeons now injects fresh content through quarterly Seasonal Adventures, starting with 'The Cloudy Climb.' Now, we know what the next Minecraft Dungeons adventure will entail.
Minecraft Dungeons Season 2 'Luminous Nights' has been announced by Mojang Studios and Double Eleven, and will bring a huge pile of new gameplay and features to the perpetually expanding title when it releases. Minecraft Dungeons certainly isn't light on content at this point in its life, but Mojang Studios is far from done adding to it.
Mojang Studios chose not to share a plethora of information regarding the upcoming Seasonal Adventure for Minecraft Dungeons, but here is what we do know:
- Luminous Nights is Minecraft Dungeons' second Seasonal Adventure, and will feature a new optional Adventure Pass with premium rewards and cosmetics
- The Seasonal Adventure is "glow in the dark" themed, with lots of luminescent gameplay elements and areas, as well as matching cosmetics, like skins, capes, emotes, and flairs, that will let players glow in darkness
- The Tower will feature new floors to explore and puzzles to solve, including mysterious murals
- A new foe, known as the "wildfire," will debut with Luminous Nights, and is apparently quite dangerous
- New pets, which are miniaturized versions of dangerous mobs, will also make an appearance, like the ministrosity and abomination
- New quality-of-life features are incoming, including a highly-requested storage chest that will allow players to organize their inventories more effectively
Minecraft Dungeons Season 2 Luminous Nights releases for all platforms on April 20, 2022, and Mojang Studios will continue to share more information and details in the coming weeks. The legendary studio's experimental title may have had a rough launch at first, but has steadily grown into one of the best Xbox games you can play. Minecraft Dungeons also boasts of over 15 million players, so it's clear many players agree with the sentiment.
Everything Dungeons and more.
Minecraft Dungeons has released a ridiculous amount of content since its launch, and now players can gain access to it all in one fell swoop with Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Edition, a value-driven bundle that includes the base game, all six DLC expansions released so far, and the Hero Pass DLC. If you already own Minecraft Dungeons, you can also get the Ultimate Edition add-on for all the DLC.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go fun. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.