What you need to know
- Minecraft is an open world sandbox game developed by Mojang, available on many platforms, including Android and iOS.
- Users are reporting issues signing-in and loading the iOS version of the game.
- Mojang is looking into the issue, and has offered a potential workaround.
Many players of Minecraft on iOS devices, including iPhones and iPads, are reporting issues with signing-into their Microsoft Account in the game. Some players are also reporting that the game is not loading for them, and freezes on the splash screen. The issues appear to have started on the night of January 17 and continue into today. Mojang has acknowledged the issues and are investigating causes and potential solutions.
In the meantime, Mojang has offered a workaround that may work for people who are interested in playing Minecraft on their iOS device. To try this fix, do the following:
- Close Minecraft on your iOS device. This means fully closing out of the game by opening the multitasking menu and swiping up on Minecraft.
- Open the Xbox app on your iOS device. You can download the app here if you don't already have it installed.
- Tap on the hamburger menu.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap sign-out to sign-out from Xbox Live.
- Close the Xbox app on your iOS device. You can fully close out of the app by opening the multitasking menu and swiping up on the Xbox app.
- Open the Xbox app and follow the guidance to sign back into Xbox Live.
- Launch Minecraft.
- Attempt to sign in with your Microsoft Account again.
If this solution doesn't work for you, you may have to wait for Mojang to find a more permanent solution to Minecraft's current woes on iOS. Hopefully, it shouldn't take too long for the issues to be resolved, and players on iOS will be able to enjoy their time with Minecraft on their iPhone or iPad again.
Have you noticed issues with Minecraft on your iOS device? Have you found a fix that works for you? Sound off in the comments below.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.