Minecraft is getting ready to introduce a whole slew of new aquatic features to the mix, and players can now get a look at them a little early. The Minecraft team is now rolling out features from the Update Aquatic to for beta testing on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android.
Not all of the features that are planned to accompany the update when it finally ships are available as part of this update, but it does give players a look at some of what's coming. That includes new Drowned mobs, along with new swimming animations and stripped wood. The update also brings the new Trident weapon, along with enchantments meant to help players explore the depth. Of course, a number of fixes are tagging along as well. Here's a look at all of what's new and fixed:
- Added Drowned mobs
- Added the Trident and new enchantments (Channeling, Loyalty, Riptide and Impaling)
- Added Stripped Wood
- Added Slabs and Stairs for Prismarine, Prismarine Brick, and Dark Prismarine
- Iron Golems no longer spawn when Mob Spawning is disabled
- Rain, smoke particles, and shadows are no longer visible through lava
- Disabling "Visible to LAN Players" for one world no longer disables it for all worlds
- Buttons cloned in a "pressed" state no longer remain pressed forever
- A warning now appears instructing not to close the game when exporting a world
- The power output of Redstone Comparators is no longer lost after a world is converted from Xbox One Edition
- Pick Block no longer replaces the item currently selected in the hotbar if other slots are empty
When the update ships to everyone, it's planned to include coral reefs, shipwrecks, new oceanic species, and more.
If you want to try out all of these features ahead of everyone else, you can opt in to beta test Update Aquatic by downloading the Minecraft beta for Windows 10, Xbox One, or Android and toggling on the "Use Experimental Gameplay" setting in the Game Settings menu.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.
Hands-on with Windows 10 build 20161 showcasing the new Start menu
Yesterday, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 that includes an updated Start menu design with translucent Live Tiles, improvements to Notifications, and behavior changes to things like Tablet Mode and the Taskbar. It's been a while since Microsoft released a build with any surface-level changes, but now it's finally happened, we're back showcasing all the changes on video.
Everything we know about 'Xbox Series S' Lockhart
The Xbox Series X is getting a baby brother in the form of a console codenamed Lockhart, most likely to be called Xbox Series S. Here's what we know so far.
Best Minecraft Fan-made Art, T-Shirts, Stickers, Posters, and more!
Minecraft has become a global phenomenon over the years, and its fans have created tons of awesome different Minecraft-themed accessories and apparel for others to enjoy. Here are some of our favorites!