Fans of Modern Combat 5: Blackout for Windows Phone can now play the modern-day military shooter for free from now on. Publisher Gameloft has turned the game into a free-to-play title with its latest update, which includes adding Xbox Live support.
Here's what else is new with this update:
- SUPPORT CLASS REPORTING FOR DUTY! - Heal allies; Let your teammates respawn on the spot they died
- WEAPONS APLENTY - Extra weapon tier; New Light Machine Gun
- MULTIPLAYER BONANZA - Dominate enemies on two beloved Modern Combat maps: Scramble and Overtime; Vote for the next map you want to battle on; Get revenge in Squad Battles by asking for a rematch.; Climb the Solo and Squad multiplayer leagues.
- ALL-NEW MULTIPLAYER MODE: ZONE CONTROL - Capture and defend areas to rack up score superiority
- MORE CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION -- Weapon camos, masks, logos and kill signs
As of this writing, the Windows 8.1 version of Modern Combat 5 has not been updated to be a free-to-play game; it's still $3.99. We will update this post or create a new one when or if that happens.
Thanks to everyone for the tips!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.