Microsoft has revealed the entire list of pop-up stores (or holiday stores) it plans to open throughout North America this coming holiday season. It's a positive sign to see Microsoft build a larger retail presence to combat its main competitor - Apple. 32 stores will open up shop in 20 US states, as well as shops in British Columbia, Toronto, and Alberta, Canada.
With the imminent release of Windows 8, coupled with new Office, Surface tablets and Windows Phone hardware, there's plenty of opportunity for Microsoft to build on its branding revamp to a more simplistic and modern feel. It's a common thought that Microsoft has almost become a new company to what consumers have grown accustomed to.
Here's the full list of pop-up stores that we'll be seeing in the near future:
- Aventura Mall – Aventura, FL
- Beachwood Place – Beachwood, OH
- Cherry Creek Shopping Center – Denver, CO
- Dadeland Mall – Miami, FL
- Eaton Centre – Toronto, Ontario
- Fashion Mall at Keystone – Indianapolis, IN
- Fashion Show Mall– Las Vegas, NV
- Glendale Galleria – Glendale, CA
- Mall at Green Hills – Nashville, TN
- Mall in Columbia – Columbia, MD
- Metropolis at Metrotown – Burnaby, BC
- Montgomery Mall – Bethesda, MD
- Natick Collection – Natick, MA
- North Star Mall – San Antonio, TX
- Oakridge Centre – Vancouver, BC
- Penn Square Mall – Oklahoma City, OK
- Perimeter Mall – Atlanta, GA
- Roosevelt Field Mall – Garden, City, NY
- Ross Park Mall – Pittsburgh, PA
- Saint Louis Galleria – St. Louis, MO
- San Francisco Centre – San Francisco, CA
- South Shore Plaza – Braintree, MA
- Southpark Mall – Charlotte, NC
- Stonebriar Centre Mall – Frisco, TX
- Streets at Southpoint – Durham, NC
- Time Warner Center – The Shops at Columbus Circle – New York, NY
- Washington Square– Portland, OR
- West Edmonton Mall – Edmonton, Alberta
- Westfarms Mall – West Hartford, CT
- Westfield Garden State Plaza – Paramus, NJ
- Woodland Hills Mall – Tulsa, OK
- Woodlands Mall – Woodlands, TX
Microsoft still hasn't supplied details and dates for when we can look to see these stores open their doors, though we'd guess for them to be ready by (or soon after) Windows 8's release. We're still waiting for the first Microsoft Store here in the UK - as is everyone else who resides outside the states. Here's hoping anyway, folks.
Source: The Verge
Surface, Windows won't hit revenue guidance due to coronavirus
As the effects of the coronavirus are felt throughout the world, Microsoft warned today that it won't meet its expectations for its Surface and Windows revenues when it reports its next quarterly earnings.
Microsoft Edge's Surf game splashes into the Dev channel
Now you can get your Surf on in the Microsoft Edge Dev channel. The latest update brings the Easter egg to Dev channel testers, along with a tweak that lets you add the share button next to the address bar and more.
NBA 2K21: Everything you need to know
The NBA 2K series is a perennial favorite for good reason, and expected to elevate its game on next-gen consoles with NBA 2K21, we fill you in on everything you need to know.
Check out this killer compact AMD Ryzen 9 3900X gaming PC
The NZXT H1 is a compact case that allows you to pack it full of powerful components, including an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X and RTX 2060 Super. Here's a killer gaming build.