Movie Maker 8.1 for Windows Phone is the ideal app for those who love to use the video recording capabilities of Windows Phone 8.1, specifically with the ability to edit those short films. The app has today been refreshed with a bunch of new features included, including the ability to upload videos to Instagram. Not only has the developer added requested features, but Movie Maker as a whole is becoming more open, collaborating with other platform developers to make the app even better. Let's just say the future looks bright for this app.
Interested in reading about what's new in version 220.127.116.11? Here's the changelog:
- Instagram Upload (IAP) – the first native Windows Phone 8.1 app to upload videos to Instagram (after Instagraph on WP7/8)
- YouTube Upload (thanks to the external app "Upload to YouTube", which we just covered)
- Live Movie Maker for Desktop Final release – one click import and export to and from a pc via W-Fi, auto-pairing on 99% of domestic networks
- New Zoom + Rotation transition (think "old batman TV series" style)
- Downloadable background music library
- Redesigned UI: two-level UI and new tool categories
- "Unlock code" menu to let users easily enter promotional codes (old codes can be re-used to restore the unlock if necessary – but shouldn't be needed)
- "Extra content" page to check out all the IAPs purchased and look through all those available
Also, as lightly touched on in the above changelog, new content will now be offered as in-app purchases with each listing packing a trial period of 24 hours to allow users to test drive functionality. It's a neat update with plenty of work happening behind the scenes to pave way for future updates. We highly recommend this app. What's more, Venetasoft is giving away a limited number of copies for free to Windows Phone Central readers again!
- Simply download the trial (if you haven't already done so)
- Fire up the app and tap the menu to bring up extra options
- Hit "Have a promo code?" and enter "_wpc_code__" (all lower case) into the text box
Please note that if you're experiencing issues with the code, we've contacted the developer to see what's up. The free trial is available with some limitations (10 seconds video length, no undo/redo or project management, just to name a few) but we're sure many will part with their cash as it's a superb app.
- Download Movie Maker 8.1 ($1.49 with free trail – Windows Phone 8.1 only)
Review: NASCAR Heat 5 is still the complete package for fans
It's not long since NASCAR Heat 4 arrived, or at least, that's how it seems, with the new title arriving much earlier in the year than its predecessor. It's got some shiny new paint jobs and some neat new features, but many would be hard pressed to tell it apart from last year's game.
Join us for the latest Windows Central Video Podcast
We're live with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
Some Surface devices are still blocked from Windows 10 May 2020 Update
Despite removing a safeguarding block last week, Microsoft is still blocking several Surface devices from receiving the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Microsoft has not specified what issues cause the current set of blocks.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.