What you need to know
- Stellaris is a popular 4x sci-fi strategy game from Paradox Interactive, available on console and PC.
- The game gets constant expansions adding new gameplay mechanics, strategies, and species.
- The latest expansion is the Necroids Species Pack, which adds a new undead race to Stellaris.
- The Necroids Species Pack is now available on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Stellaris is a fantastic 4x sci-fi strategy game at its core, but over time it has gotten a ton of post-launch support with expansions and DLC that add even more to the game. Now, the previously announced Necroids Species Pack is now available, according to Paradox Interactive, the developers of the critically acclaimed strategy title. If you're not quite sold on the name alone, there's also a new launch trailer for the DLC, and some details on what the Necroids Species Pack includes.
The Necroids Species Pack adds the Necroids species to the game, which was fairly obvious from the name. Necroids are aggressive, intelligent, and believe that their lives don't end after death... and they're right, too. Necroids introduce a whole new way to play, with different strategies, playstyles, and more.
From Paradox Interactive:
- 1 New Origin - Necrophage
- The brand new Necrophage Origin positions gamer-martyrs as a powerful primary species which consumes others within its grasp, blurring the line between cult and empire with three brand new civics:
- Death Cult: Enables powerful edicts which require the sacrificing of pops
- Reanimated Armies: Allows the deployment of morality-immune, undead armies
- Memorialists: Erects monuments to the galaxy's past, improving planetary stability and honouring tomb worlds
- 16 new portraits (15 organic, 1 robotic)
- New ship set
- New advisor voiceover
- New city set & diplomacy room
- New Name lists
- New building cosmetics
If you're interested in the Necroids Species Pack, it's now available for Windows PC's, as well as macOS and Linux devices. There's no word on when or even if the Necroids Species Pack will also come to the Xbox version of Stellaris, but hopefully we won't have to wait long to find out. If you haven't tried Stellaris yet, it's included in Xbox Game Pass on both console and PC.
A must-play strategy game.
The critically acclaimed 4x grand strategy game from Paradox Interactive returns with another new expansion, this time introducing a new species that refuse to stay dead. Stellaris is available for Xbox and PC, even through Xbox Game Pass, but the Necroids Species Pack is PC-only right now.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
How to (try to) get an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S right now
Everything you need to know about buying an Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, and where to find stock before it runs out.
Why is PS5 beating the Xbox Series X in comparisons? Microsoft responds.
The Xbox Series X seems to be losing out against the PlayStation 5 in real-world side-by-side tests, and Microsoft has issued a statement. Here's what they had to say.
The Black Friday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
Plow through enemies with these great beat 'em ups for Xbox
Feel the urge to unleash some pent up frustrations on armies of bad guys? Here are some of the best beat em' ups and hack n' slashes to bring your much-needed catharsis.