New Crackdown 3 update brings co-op save fixes, performance bump
Crackdown 3's latest update brings co-op upgrades, with promise of more improvements next month.
Microsoft has deployed a new content update for Crackdown 3, its newly-released action-adventure game for Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs. With its initial launch offering featuring questionable limitations, the team has delivered a roadmap of planned improvements for coming weeks. As outlined via the Crackdown blog, the first of these updates has now hit both platforms.
The first Crackdown 3 content update primarily focuses on cooperative fixes, amending previously outlined save issues and improving performance for "particularly long co-op sessions." While support for multiplayer Xbox Live lobbies and an unlocked co-op PC frame rate remain absent, the next major content update is expected on March 8, 2019.
The full changelog reports a variety of further tweaks and fixes, as detailed below:
CU 1 Patch Notes
Co-op Performance improvements:
- We also improved performance during particularly long co-op sessions.
- We are still investigating other fixes, including the 30 fps lock.
Co-op save games fixes:
- Backing out of the World Select menu no longer overwrites the original selection.
- Co-op campaigns should now prompt for an empty save slot to avoid overwriting existing world data.
Players should no longer have incorrect prompts to be removed from co-op session.
- When playing co-op, if one person leaves or drops a timer will start, notifying you before it takes you back to the main menu. This was popping up incorrectly for some people in active co-op sessions but should no longer be an issue.
Niemand's air lift open for business.
- There was a small chance if you died during the Niemand fight, that the air lift to return to the boss arena would not be opened properly. This has been fixed.
Tanks bring more BOOM!
- The Annihilator and Minotaur have had their projectile blast radius corrected to better match their explosive visuals.
Propaganda Towers only rotate one way.
- The rotating platforms on propaganda towers will no longer hitch a few feet backwards during their rotation.
Gaming mice no longer impact menu FPS.
- Fixed an issue where mice with high refresh rate/DPI were causing severe FPS loss in menu and occasionally in game.
Other Misc. Fixes:
- Fixed a rare case where vehicles would be catapulted away during collisions.
- Fixed issue with supply points not changing to blue in co-op.
- Tons of audio and VO fixes.
- Lots of other tiny fixes.
In the meantime, Crackdown 3 is now available on Xbox One and Windows 10 priced at $60. Alternatively, a $10 Xbox Game Pass subscription grants full access, alongside over 100 other titles.
Your every day sandbox.
Crackdown 3 is a decent sandbox experience that falls short of modern standards, but as an Xbox Game Pass title, it offers some good mindless fun.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Matt Brown was formerly a Windows Central's Senior Editor, Xbox & PC, at Future. Following over seven years of professional consumer technology and gaming coverage, he’s focused on the world of Microsoft's gaming efforts. You can follow him on Twitter @mattjbrown.