Microsoft is now rolling out a brand new Redstone 5 Fast ring preview build for HoloLens that brings with it new fixes and under the hood improvements. Today's build is 17737, and is packing a handful of fixes in addition to a couple known issues worthy of note.
HoloLens build 17737 fixes
- We fixed an issue where the cursor will jump between gaze and mouse when using a Bluetooth mouse.
- We fixed an issue with some notification toasts appearing as a gray box.
- We fixed an issue where Cortana may stop listening if you wait for her to respond after saying, "Hey Cortana."
- We fixed several other issues with voice commands and dictation, including an issue that prevented Cortana from working after update.
- We fixed an issue that prevented holograms from re-appearing after sign-out and sign-in.
- We added OCR support for Chinese and Japanese characters in the localized builds. For more information on using these builds, see the link above.
- We fixed a crash in the camera when taking a photo while the thumbnail previous of the last capture is visible.
HoloLens build 17737 known issues
- We're still investigating a bug causing the share dialog to not load all available apps to share to for a while after initial boot.
- After updating from a previous build, customers may not be able to receive incoming calls in Remote Assist.
So far, Redstone 5 for HoloLens is shaping up to be a much smaller feature update for HoloLens compared to Redstone 4, which introduced several new features and changes to the OS after more than a year of no updates. Are you running Insider builds on your HoloLens? Let us know!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.