Microsoft is now rolling out a brand new Redstone 5 Fast ring preview build for HoloLens that brings with it new fixes and under the hood improvements. Today's build is 17737, and is packing a handful of fixes in addition to a couple known issues worthy of note.
HoloLens build 17737 fixes
- We fixed an issue where the cursor will jump between gaze and mouse when using a Bluetooth mouse.
- We fixed an issue with some notification toasts appearing as a gray box.
- We fixed an issue where Cortana may stop listening if you wait for her to respond after saying, "Hey Cortana."
- We fixed several other issues with voice commands and dictation, including an issue that prevented Cortana from working after update.
- We fixed an issue that prevented holograms from re-appearing after sign-out and sign-in.
- We added OCR support for Chinese and Japanese characters in the localized builds. For more information on using these builds, see the link above.
- We fixed a crash in the camera when taking a photo while the thumbnail previous of the last capture is visible.
HoloLens build 17737 known issues
- We're still investigating a bug causing the share dialog to not load all available apps to share to for a while after initial boot.
- After updating from a previous build, customers may not be able to receive incoming calls in Remote Assist.
So far, Redstone 5 for HoloLens is shaping up to be a much smaller feature update for HoloLens compared to Redstone 4, which introduced several new features and changes to the OS after more than a year of no updates. Are you running Insider builds on your HoloLens? Let us know!