Microsoft is now rolling out a brand new Redstone 5 Fast ring preview build for HoloLens that brings with it new fixes and under the hood improvements. Today's build is 17737, and is packing a handful of fixes in addition to a couple known issues worthy of note.
HoloLens build 17737 fixes
- We fixed an issue where the cursor will jump between gaze and mouse when using a Bluetooth mouse.
- We fixed an issue with some notification toasts appearing as a gray box.
- We fixed an issue where Cortana may stop listening if you wait for her to respond after saying, "Hey Cortana."
- We fixed several other issues with voice commands and dictation, including an issue that prevented Cortana from working after update.
- We fixed an issue that prevented holograms from re-appearing after sign-out and sign-in.
- We added OCR support for Chinese and Japanese characters in the localized builds. For more information on using these builds, see the link above.
- We fixed a crash in the camera when taking a photo while the thumbnail previous of the last capture is visible.
HoloLens build 17737 known issues
- We're still investigating a bug causing the share dialog to not load all available apps to share to for a while after initial boot.
- After updating from a previous build, customers may not be able to receive incoming calls in Remote Assist.
So far, Redstone 5 for HoloLens is shaping up to be a much smaller feature update for HoloLens compared to Redstone 4, which introduced several new features and changes to the OS after more than a year of no updates. Are you running Insider builds on your HoloLens? Let us know!
Exclusive: The Falconeer is a chill blend of Star Fox and Sea of Thieves
We recently got to spend some time with the latest beta build for the Xbox Series X/S launch title - The Falconeer. Get your first look at some exclusive gameplay right here.
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
The NFL is back! Check out these must-have Windows apps for football fans
After months of waiting through a unique offseason and no preseason games, the NFL is finally back this week. With these Windows 10 apps, you won't miss a snap of the NFL action.