A fresh Xbox Insider preview build is now rolling out to testers on the Alpha ring. Like previous recent builds, this latest doesn't include in new features to check out. Instead there are miscellaneous minor bug fixes and a large smattering of known issues to be aware of.
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170226-1700
Available: 6:00PM PST 3/1 (2:00AM GMT 2/3)
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
- "Portal" accessories used with games like Skylanders, LEGO Dimensions, and Disney Infinity are not recognized. • The Xbox Accessories app Device Details page may appear blank.
- Workaround: Update the device firmware, and view Device Details on a console not enrolled in Preview.
- Copilot does not function at this time. You can disable Copilot from the power menu (hold the Xbox button on the controller) if desired.
- If Cortana was enabled prior to entering connected standby, you may encounter an error when resuming from connected standby.
- Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Scheduled Cortana reminders will not provide a notification if the user who created the reminder is signed in, but not the current active user.
- Using voice dictation sometimes causes the virtual keyboard to become unresponsive.
- Some users may not receive certain types of notifications.
- After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so).
- Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
Settings - Ease of Access
- When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts.
- Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
Settings - Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Keep it locked to Windows Central for all of the latest on the Xbox Insider Program!
Update 4: Trump gives blessing to TikTok sale to Microsoft
TikTok may soon be owned by Microsoft. The company is reportedly in talks to buy out the U.S. portion of TikTok amid a rumored Trump administration order for TikTok owner Bytedance to divest. On Monday, President Trump says he does not oppose the sale so long as it is done by September 15.
Windows Insiders can now run Android apps with the Your Phone app
If you use the Your Phone app on your PC, you're in for a treat. The new "Apps" experience, which lets you run Android apps in their own windows, is now rolling out for testing with Insiders.
Windows 10 build 20185 makes your DNS settings easier to access
Microsoft shipped a new Windows 10 build for Insiders in the Dev channel today. This build comes in at 20185, and includes several feature updates and fixes to check out.
Complete list of Xbox One Dolby Atmos games
Dolby Atmos creates a realistic, immersive soundscape, but is not featured in every game. These are all Xbox One games with baked-in Dolby Atmos support so far.