A fresh Xbox Insider preview build is now rolling out to testers on the Alpha ring. Like previous recent builds, this latest doesn't include in new features to check out. Instead there are miscellaneous minor bug fixes and a large smattering of known issues to be aware of.
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170226-1700
Available: 6:00PM PST 3/1 (2:00AM GMT 2/3)
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
- "Portal" accessories used with games like Skylanders, LEGO Dimensions, and Disney Infinity are not recognized. • The Xbox Accessories app Device Details page may appear blank.
- Workaround: Update the device firmware, and view Device Details on a console not enrolled in Preview.
- Copilot does not function at this time. You can disable Copilot from the power menu (hold the Xbox button on the controller) if desired.
- If Cortana was enabled prior to entering connected standby, you may encounter an error when resuming from connected standby.
- Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Scheduled Cortana reminders will not provide a notification if the user who created the reminder is signed in, but not the current active user.
- Using voice dictation sometimes causes the virtual keyboard to become unresponsive.
- Some users may not receive certain types of notifications.
- After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so).
- Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
Settings - Ease of Access
- When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts.
- Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
Settings - Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Keep it locked to Windows Central for all of the latest on the Xbox Insider Program!
wireless display? Didn't Microsoft gave up on miracast for Xbox one?
Feels like it. That app has been a "preview" forever and hasn't been updated in about as long.
Yeah, it's interesting that they mention it now. I can't understand why they can't make it work, if it works even on smart TVs.
The known issues seem to be the same in every builds changelog... And the fixes never seem to he anything from the known issues list. I wish they were more specific about what they've fixed so I don't feel like they're doing nothing. 🙄
"Portal" accessories used with games like Skylanders, LEGO Dimensions, and Disney Infinity are not recognized." I have noticed this as well, but not at Alpha build I think (don't think I'm rolled there, but I'm a insider). I have solved this by just restarting the Xbox. Lets hope this get fixed before slow ring get it, otherwise I will get some angry kids.
I'm in the Alpha ring and mine stopped working over the weekend but several reboots haven't made any difference.
ops, let's hope I'm not in the Alpha then, otherwise I my kids will probably will have a terrible weekend. Thanks for the info, I'm going to check tonight what ring I'm rolled into.
If you are worried about a bug, my advise dont be a tester. Let someone else have your spot that isn't worried.
Not sure it will help you at all but just in case; I am currently running 1703.170226-1700 and the big was introduced with 1703.170224-1901 which was installed 28/02.
I'm currently running 1703.170224-1901 and got the problem. The portal itself is recognized, but not the figures. Guess I have to make the kids play something else :-P
wrong post. [deleted]
Dhcp has been bad I reboot my router non stop coming out of connected stand by on a wired internet connection. Report it non stop.
It would be nice if all insiders got ANY builds. I haven't had a single one since this stupid "4 ring" nonsense started
work harder in the future. sent in more bug reports :D
I'm in the alpha and the only major problem I have is game clips not posting to my feed. It also causes upload studio to not work right when making videos. They render but won't upload.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.