Nextgen Reader for Windows 8 now available in the Microsoft Store
Windows Phone always leant itself to reading and apps designed around reading due to its foundation being built on those Metro design principles for typography and layout.
Nextgen Reader has been a popular favourite with us at wpcentral and with readers alike. We just had a note today from the developers to say they have rescued Windows 8 users by launching their app in the store.
We recently did a feature on some of the top apps to install when you got Windows 8, it was aimed in the most part at matching up familiar Windows Phone favourites and a few new ones. One app that wasn’t about then was Nextgen Reader, we’re sure many of you will be pleased to see it on Windows 8.
Works well on a larger screen too..
Here are some of the headline features of the app
- Modern view: Gorgeous layout for best reading experience on your tablet/touch-screen device.
- Classic view: Beautiful 3-column layout for non-touch/traditional PC’s.
- Customize reading: Set default open method per feed: summary, webpage or mobilized.
- Multiple tiles: Pin multiple tiles to start – directly launch modern view.
- Security: Completely safe Oauth2 Authentication.
- Mobilizer: Inbuilt Readability support.
- Shortcuts: Full keyboard support in classic view (press “?” key).
- Touch: Swipe to move between articles.
- Incremental Sync: With ability to limit number of items to sync per feed.
- Share charm: To mail, tweet, post articles on Facebook, etc.
- Roaming: Login once and run on multiple Windows 8 PC’s.
We are also told that there is already a major update coming to the app in the next week. Pegged for a future update will be support for Live Tiles, Support for snapped view along with portrait orientation and more.. We’ll share more of that with you when we get the full low down. For now you can head over to the Windows Store and grab the app, which comes in at $3.99 US £2.79 (or check your local store price)
Like Google Reader apps? Let us know your favourites on Windows Phone and Windows 8, if you are heading over to try Nextgen Reader on Windows 8, pop back and let us know how you got on.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.