Today's No Man's Sky Xbox One patch fixes corrupt saves
They fixed that quickly.
No Man's Sky finally launched on Xbox One this week, but it hasn't been a smooth experience for everyone. Social media websites like Twitter were flooded with reports that saved games were being corrupted. This usually happened when items were partially repaired. Luckily, Hello Games was able to identify the problem and quickly issue a patch. If you own No Man's Sky on Xbox One, you can now download a roughly 4 GB update which contains a number of fixes. The patch has already been released for PC and PlayStation 4.
Some of the major problems fixed with this patch are listed below. For the complete patch notes, you can visit the developer's website.
- Fixed an issue where players who saved after repairing some items would be unable to load that save.
- Fixed numerous crashes caused by memory corruption, memory leaks, the animation system, and much more.
- Fixed an issue where warping in multiplayer could cause players to spawn on a planet.
- Fixed an issue where the cockpit would continually open and close.
- Added a tutorial mission to guide players through the restoration of their old base.
- Improved the mapping of old substances to new substances during the save upgrade.
It's great to see No Man's Sky quickly address this game-breaking bug. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here on out.
- See at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- See at Microsoft Store (opens in new tab)
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Does anyone know how to access your preorder items? I see a text on screen to claim them in options, but don't see anything the about those items. Am I just missing something?
Honestly, I don’t even know either. I don’t even see an option anywhere to claim them. People say that you have to go to Options and there should be a box to redeem them. I don’t see it at all.
Yep not sure where it is either. Anyone of the WC staff know?
It's under options. The guy I was playing with showed me. I can't believe I missed it. I went to options to change Celsius to Fahrenheit its like two options down and I didn't see it at first.
I'll check right now and try to take a screenshot.
Yeah, Next with multiplayer def look more interesting.