What you need to know
- Microsoft isn't shipping a new Windows 10 Fast ring build this week.
- The company said it encountered a blocking bug via internal testing.
- Microsoft is working on a fix and expects a new build to be ready next week.
If you were waiting with bated breath for a new Insider build on the Fast ring this week, you'll be waiting a bit longer. Microsoft says it won't ship a new Windows 10 build for Fast ring Insiders this week. The reason? A pesky blocking bug.
Hello #WindowsInsiders! No Fast ring flight this week as we discovered a flight-blocking bug via internal testing. Fix is underway though and we should be back at it next week! Do check out the blog from last week to review a few updates that were made: https://t.co/aoa90CArQk pic.twitter.com/RddP1vJTPbHello #WindowsInsiders! No Fast ring flight this week as we discovered a flight-blocking bug via internal testing. Fix is underway though and we should be back at it next week! Do check out the blog from last week to review a few updates that were made: https://t.co/aoa90CArQk pic.twitter.com/RddP1vJTPb— Windows Insider Program (@windowsinsider) April 2, 2020April 2, 2020
A fix is in the works for whatever is blocking the release of this build, however. So, you can likely expect the next Fast ring build to reach your PC at some point next week. Until then, sit tight.
The last Fast ring build to roll out was build 19592 last week, which re-enabled some of the tablet improvements Microsoft is cooking up. Here's a brief recap of what those include:
- Taskbar icons are spaced out
- Search box on taskbar is collapsed into icon-only mode
- Touch keyboard auto invokes when you tap a text field
- File explorer elements will have a little more padding, to make them comfortable to interact with using touch
If you want to catch up on everything that was included with last week's build, you can check out the full release notes for more. Otherwise, get ready for the next build to hit next week.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.