It’s finally here. Nokia World 2013 is in full swing and the expected has finally happened. Nokia has announced the Lumia 1520, a device with many firsts for both Windows Phone and Nokia. It’s a device many have highly anticipated, one that is set to rival large smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy Note family of devices. Here are the full specs for the Lumia 1520.
Like we’ve reported in the past, the Lumia 1520 is packing a 6-inch display. That display is notable for sporting a 1080p resolution, a first for Windows Phone. It’s gorgeous and has your favorite features like Nokia’s ClearBlack technology, super sensitive touch, great visibility in sunlight and Gorilla Glass 2.
Imaging is another area Nokia is very strong and the Lumia 1520 looks like it’ll live up to those expectations. This doesn’t have the 41-megapixel sensor found in the Lumia 1020, but instead a 20MP sensor. With the camera module you’re getting Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, 2X lossless zoom with oversampling, and dual LED flash for lighting up the scene. Bulletin point time for you speed readers:
- Windows Phone 8
- 6” full HD 1080p LCD, ClearBlack, Sunlight readability, Super sensitive touch, Gorilla Glass 2
- PureView 20 MP, ZEISS optics,OIS, 2x lossless zoom, oversampling, dual LED flash
- Video 1080p @ 30 fps full HD video with optical image stabilization
- 4G LTE
- Nokia Music for unlimited streaming of ad-free music
- Free global HERE Maps and HERE Drive+, HERE Transit available in the Store
- Microsoft Office built-in
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (2.2GHz Quad Core)
- 3400 mAh (integrated) with built-in wireless charging
- Yellow, white, black, glossy red
We’re very excited for this device and you should be too. Battery life is expected to be stellar on the Lumia 1520.
Stay tuned to Windows Phone Central, we’ll be getting hands-on photos and videos up on the site soon.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.