Office Insiders on enrolled to receive monthly updates from the Slow ring are picking up several new features across several of the suite's apps today. Coming in at version 1810 build 11001.20038, the latest update includes a new transparency feature for images, a fresh set of inking tools in PowerPoint, and even the ability to slide a 3D T-rex in your next Word document.
Here's a look at all of what's new (opens in new tab) in this month's release:
- Reveal what's behind a picture: Put a picture on a slide, worksheet, document, or message, pick a pre-set, and watch the transparency change. That's it! (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- You sketch, we polish: We change hand-drawn text and shapes into refined diagrams. Just select your ink strokes to get started. (PowerPoint)
- Update visuals with your pen: Write over a shape with your pen and use the Ink to Text button to automatically convert your handwritten ink to typed text on the shape. (PowerPoint)
- People Suggestions in Schedule Assistant: See recommendations for attendees to add when you schedule a meeting. No more switching back and forth between the Scheduling Assistant and the To line. (Outlook)
- Watch your content come alive: Insert animated 3D graphics to see hearts beat, planet orbit, and T-Rex rampage across pages. (Word)
- Reserving a room just got easier: Look for a conference room using more than one room list - and switch lists without losing room you've selected. (Outlook)
- Stop seeing reminders for past events: You can set your calendar to automatically dismiss reminders for events after they've ended. (Outlook)
All of these features should be available now for Office Insiders on Windows desktop who are enrolled in the Monthly Channel. To snag the update, you can head to File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Animated 3D objects... in a word processor... Amazing.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.