National Trust, the UK organization that seeks to preserve historical and ecological landmarks throughout England, Wales, and Northern Ireland, has released a new app for Windows Phone to allows users to go on a virtual tour of over 550 protected places right from their phone.
Here's just some of what you can expect with the National Trust app:
- Find special places: See what's around you, or search for remarkable heritage and natural wonders across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- See what's on: Our places host a range of events throughout the year, many for no extra charge. Use the What's On section to find what's happening – from educational talks and tours, to art, theatre and live music.
- Offline mode: Everything you need to plan a visit is available offline, so you can use the app in our most remote locations.
- Save your favourite places: Keep a record of the places you've been to, and make a wishlist for the places you want to go.
- Invite your friends: Easily share the places you want to visit (or show your friends what they're missing!) via social media, email or text message.
Overall, the app feels wonderfully put together, with plenty of places to explore and learn more about. Even better, you'll be able to discover historical landmarks around your location and possibly set out on an adventure to learn more. If you'd like to check out National Trust for yourself, you can grab the app from the store link below.
Thanks for the tips, everyone!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.