Hot on the heels of its latest map release, Overwatch has picked up another patch with one big addition for anyone playing on Microsoft's latest console: Xbox One X support. The patch is rolling out today on all platforms with a small set of tweaks, but Xbox One X owners, in particular, will get support for playing in 4K.
There's no HDR support here, but the addition of 4K on the Xbox One X should make for a much sharper picture. Aside from the extra pixels, this update also includes some cross-promotional goodies for anyone who preorders Blizzard's latest World of Warcraft expansion, Battle for Azeroth. Should you preorder, you'll pick up some Warcraft-themed emotes for Tracer and Torbjörn, along with new sprays and player icons.
Other tidbits include a small batch of hero updates for Junkrat and Mercy. Here's a look:
- Concussion Mine - Now will deal less damage to targets farther away from the explosion's center
- No longer makes Resurrect instant
- No longer grants a bonus Resurrect charge
- The speed bonus Guardian Angel receives when activating Valkyrie has been decreased by 50%
- Duration reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds
No matter your platform, the patch should be live and available for download now, and Xbox One X players should notice a sharper picture right away. And if you're new to Overwatch, you can jump into the hero-shooter action now for $59.99 – though it's frequently on sale for less than that.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.