Following the release of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) on Xbox One last month, its developer "PUBG Corp" has been keen to deliver regular fixes and improvements to the game. While released in an in-progress state via the Xbox Game Preview program, the past month of changes has delivered drastic upgrades, with regular new content and improvements upon the console experience.
PUBG has now received its sixth update for Xbox One, delivering new features, tweaks to gameplay and a whole range of bug fixes. Among the highlights is a new "auto-run" function as seen in the PC version, which allows players to double-click the left stick to automatically run in a set direction. Changes have also been made to the inventory once again, with new options surrounding dropping weapons and selecting grenades.
PUBG's sixth patch is now available on Xbox One, following its launch at 4 a.m. ET (9 a.m. UK time) on January 23. Players must install a 3.48 GB update before starting the game, which can be downloaded over Xbox Live.
For a full list of changes, check out the latest update changelog, as provided by Andro Dars, Community Manager for PUBG.
Xbox players, Thank you for your continued support and feedback. We have a new patch for you that will go live at 01:00AM PST / 10:00AM CET. Here are the release notes for Xbox Patch 6:
- Auto-run function has been added (from a standstill, double clicking L3 will activate auto-run)
- Players can now drop equipped weapons with Y button when inventory screen is active
- Grenades can once again be cycled by tapping right on D pad
- Players can now cancel casting actions while the inventory screen is active
- Continued optimizations and crash fixes
- Game controller guide has been updated
- Buildings around the Military Base have had their collision adjusted
- Camera shake when riding as a passenger in vehicles has been reduced
- Inventory character models have returned to their normal stance
- Fixed a camera issue created by unintended Aim Down Sights and Free Look interactions
- "A" button will no longer refresh game results screen
- Team UI will now correctly show the proper direction teammates are facing over larger distances
- Player changes to markers on the in-game map will now be properly applied to their teammate's in-game map
- Fixed an issue where switching to throwables under certain conditions left the player empty-handed
- Adjusted character positioning when exiting vehicles and parachutes
What do you think of today's changes? Make sure to drop into the comments with your thoughts.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Xbox Smart Delivery Games List
The full list of Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S titles committed to Smart Delivery support, and other free visual upgrade offers headed into next-generation consoles.
Xbox game store pages are still a nightmare for non-English speaking users
Microsoft's push for global gaming is still set back by this basic feature disparity.
Giveaway: Win an Xbox Series X, a PS5, and an NZXT RTX 3080 PC
RobeyTech is giving away a huge amount of epic next-gen gaming swag to readers in the U.S. See inside for entry details!
These are the best gaming laptops for playing PUBG
You have a lot of options when it comes to gaming laptops for playing PUBG. Luckily, this game can run on a lot of different machines. Here are our picks for the best laptops for PUBG.