Here's the full list of what's new and improved in the Plex 3.0.43 version:
- (Home) Redesign of account picker screen (#1724)
- (Home) Lock account when account picker is opened (#1757)
- (Cortana) Playing and shuffling libraries and playlists is now supported
- Blur background art on synced content for better readability - available on Windows 10 Anniversary Update (#1774)
There's also a list of bug fixes in this update:
- (Video) Revert transcoding of media with multi-channel AC-3 audio (previously causing stuttering), since it introduced issues for other users (#1767)
- (Video) Force transcoding of HEVC files with REXT profile, since it causes the video player to crash if used as-is
- (Video) App crashes when updating system transport controls and the media doesn't have a subtitle
- (UI) A bunch of minor tweaks to UI (#1768)
- (Playlists) Fix breadcrumb on playlist page (#1768)
- (Music) Restore volume at startup (#1775)
- (Cortana) Various bug fixes and performance improvements (#1712)
- Fix crash when navigating to album by folder
In addition, Plex pushed out another new version, 3.0.45, today that fixed one additional bug:
- Fix crash after sign in on Windows 10 November Update builds
We are still waiting for Plex to release its promised Windows 10 Mobile version. There's no word on when it will be available.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Minecraft Dungeons lead talks its next DLC and the future endgame
We talk Minecraft Dungeons’ recent Jungle Awakens DLC, the Creeping Winter expansion, and future endgame plans with game director, Måns Olson.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.
Hands-on with Windows 10 build 20161 showcasing the new Start menu
Yesterday, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 that includes an updated Start menu design with translucent Live Tiles, improvements to Notifications, and behavior changes to things like Tablet Mode and the Taskbar. It's been a while since Microsoft released a build with any surface-level changes, but now it's finally happened, we're back showcasing all the changes on video.
Building a Plex server? You need one of these hard drives.
Putting together a Plex server isn't difficult, especially with some killer NAS units that can do all the hard work for you. When it comes to storage, you should always look at picking up one of these hard drives.