Ubisoft has formally unveiled a list of changes coming to its hit tactical shooter, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. After previously testing a variety of tweaks to playable Operators on the PC Technical Test Server (TTS), the game's development team has taken to the Rainbow Six blog to outline plans for Patch 2.2.
One of the biggest tweaks with Patch 2.2 is a planned change to Finka – an Operator released this year with Operation Chimera. Following the update, the duration of her Adrenal Surge gadget will be reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds, while its damage multiplier for Smoke's canisters will also been decreased. Finka is set to receive fragmentation grenades and a reduction to her gadget's aiming-down-sights (ADS) modifier too. Ubisoft hopes to weaken her gadget with these changes, while simultaneously increasing her flexibility and overall pick rate.
Blackbeard is being reworked once again, reducing his shield HP by 10 points and increasing his shield movement speed. An upgrade is on the way for his SR-25, while his MK17 will see reduced stopping power. IQ will also see a minor adjustment, removing her fragmentation grenades for claymores and cutting her gadget range to 15 meters.
These changes are expected to release on July 24, alongside widespread bans for those boosted by cheaters. Read on for a full overview of upcoming changes, also effecting Glaz, Twitch, Jackal, Frost, and Dokkaebi. For a further breakdown of Ubisoft's thoughts behind the upcoming changes, check out the full blog post.
- Reduce ability duration from 20 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Stun grenades will be replaced with Frag grenades.
- Reduce Smoke's Gas Canister damage modifier.
- Aim down sights modifier from Adrenaline Rush reduced from -50% to -25%.
- Frag Grenades replaced with Claymore.
- Electronics detection reduced from 20m to 15m.
- Increase MK17 damage from 42 to 49.
- Reduce SR-25 damage from 72 to 61.
- Reduce the hit points on the Rifle Shield from 60 to 50.
- 30% reduction in movement speed penalty when the Rifle Shield is equipped (He will move faster.)
- Reduce OTS-03 damage from 85 to 71.
- Reduce FAMAS damage from 40 to 37.
- Increase footsteps scanning distance from 5m to 8m.
- Increase SMG damage from 43 to 45.
- Increase Super 90 damage from 32 to 35.
- Claymore will be replaced with Stun Grenades.
- Slowing effect increased from 45% to 50%.
Ubisoft also expanded on its future plans, expressing intent to bring drastic changes to Castle at a later date. Both Alibi and Maestro are expected to receive adjustments to reduce their effectiveness in certain types of play too.
After the release of Operation Para Bellum last month, we're also looking forward to the next season of Rainbow Six Siege content. Ubisoft has already confirmed several features of the upcoming expansion, including two new Operators, a rework of the "Hereford Base" map, and much more.
Check out Windows Central's Rainbow Six Siege hub for in-depth coverage of upcoming content, latest updates, and tips to improve your gameplay.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.