Sea of Thieves recently crossed two million players, and as more gamers experience the title, new problems emerge. Last week Rare fixed the ship-spawning issue which caused griefing, but there are other problems like spawn-killing and cheating which need to be addressed. Aside from that, the most significantly concern has to be the lack of content. Today, the studio put out a list of additions the team is working on and when players can expect them.
Executive Producer Joe Neate said that Rare plans on bringing five major content updates to the game before 2019. Everything from new monsters to ships are in the works. You can read about the major changes or watch the video for a summary of the additions.
- Rare will launch regular content updates and weekly events.
- Content updates will add major features, items and mechanics. There will be new goals in order to unlock these rewards.
- The first content update is coming in early May 2018, titled "The Hungering Deep".
- The Hungering Deep brings a new threat to the world, that crews will have to work together to discover and defeat as part of a unique event.
- Beyond that, Rare plans for two more content updates during the summer and another three before the end of the year.
- This summer the team will debut "Cursed Sails", which will include a new ship, and "Forsaken Shores", which will introduce players to a new perilous region.
- Pets and Ship Captaincy are on the backburner for now while the team focuses on mission-based content.
- All of the updates will be free to all players.
It's great to see that the team is listening to players and implementing meaningful changes. Hopefully the updates will include a lot of content so that it brings players back and keeps them engaged.
Sea of Thieves is an exploration-based pirate game which launched on March 20. Rare is known for many famous franchises including Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, and GoldenEye. However, in recent years, the team focused on developing Kinect games for Xbox One and Xbox 360. This was a curious decision, so when Phil Spencer became Head of Xbox in 2014, he assigned Rare a new project. Sea of Thieves is a shift for the developer and a concept the team hasn't tackled before.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: Pistol Whip 2089 VR is an awesome and exciting experience
It's the age-old tale of man versus machine in Pistol Whip 2089, a free update to the immensely popular VR rhythm shooter that adds in brand new weapons, enemies, music, and a story mode complete with boss fights.
Best Microsoft Surface Cyber Monday Deals: Surface Pro 7 down to $600
Microsoft's Surface lineup has grown by leaps and bounds over the years. Whether you're looking for the newest Surface Pro X or Pro 7 or are willing to settle for a previous generation at an even more discounted price, we've got all the best deals you're going to find around the 'net right here.
These are the best deals on Xbox consoles you'll find this month
If you're in the market for a new Xbox One console, you'll want to check these deals out first.
Plow through enemies with these great beat 'em ups for Xbox
Feel the urge to unleash some pent up frustrations on armies of bad guys? Here are some of the best beat em' ups and hack n' slashes to bring your much-needed catharsis.