The popular third-party Reddit app Readit for Windows 10 on PC and Mobile has been updated yet again. People who have the Anniversary Update on their phone or PC will be able to open the same post on another device in the same app.
The developer's post on Reddit describes the feature in the new 22.214.171.124 version:
- Can launch Readit and open the post on another device with your MS account linked to it and logged in
- Supports Xbox (when they let me release Readit soon), Windows 10 desktop/tablet, Windows 10 Mobile Phones
- Again, requires the Anniversary Update on the casting and receiving devices
- The option that allows it on desktop is Settings > Privacy > General > Let apps on other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device
- The option that allows it on mobile is Settings > Privacy > Continue App Experiences > Let apps on my other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device
Keep in mind that Windows 10 Mobile users don't have the Anniversary Update yet; Microsoft says it will be rolled out "in the coming weeks".
Readit has also added a new tap to reveal its NSFW design, which again is only available to Windows 10 Anniversary Update users. In addition, there's a new "Storage" setting page which shows local and roaming storage, along with adding live tile support for unsubscribed subreddits. There are also several bug fixes, including one that was causing Cloud Sync to fail for some users, along with another that was causing comments with multiple markdown links to be cut off.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.