Contact Manager sort of came out of nowhere from Resco and quickly became a very popular phone app for WinMo (see our positive review here).
In a very quick turnaround, Resco today announced the beta of 2nd Edition of the app, which starts to focus on Facebook and even Google Maps. Specifically, here are the changes:
- Enhanced Facebook Integration
- Support for Google Maps Application
- Group Operations
- Send SMS to group members,
- Send MMS to group members,
- Send E-mail to group members
- Set Ringtone to group members
- Delete Contacts
- Fully Customizable Today Plug-in
We have to admit, using it for the last few hours, this is a very strong beta. The replacement caller ID screen (always a tricky hack) runs very smoothly, our keyguard works on the Treo Pro and the customizable Today Plugin, while quirky, offers much needed flexibility.
Curious about giving it a spin? Head to Resco's forums here to grab a .cab which is good for a 7 day trial (your previous registration code for 1.x works with this beta).