Digitally Imported is one of the biggest (and oldest) names in streaming Internet radio. While Digitally Imported focused purely on all the genres within electronic dance music, they have websites for other genres like jazz, rock and general listening. Those sister channels are JAZZRADIO.com, ROCKRADIO.com, SKY.FM and Fresca Radio. A few of those have apps in the Windows Phone Store, but today we’re looking at the newest –ROCKRADIO.com!
Head into the Windows Phone Store and you’ll find apps for Digitally Imported, JAZZRADIO.com, and SKY.FM Radio. We can now add ROCKRADIO.com to that list. If you’re a fan of rock music then this is a must have app for Windows Phone.
Like its sister channels, ROCKRADIO.com (www.rockradio.com) is notable for focusing on a specific music genre and offering curated playlists. You get free access to 40 curated channels of the best rock music. Every channel is hand-programmed by rock music enthusiasts. Genres you can look forward to include Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Death Metal, Indie Rock, Hair Bands, Grunge, Industrial, 80s rock and so much more.
Here’s all you get with ROCKRADIO.com for Windows Phone:
- Listen to 40+ hand-programmed rock music channels
- Not sure which channel to pick? The list of styles is easy to use
- Pin a channel to your home screen for quick access later on
- Stream music from the open app or in the background while you do other things
- Control audio and view track titles from the lock screen
- Save your favorite channels for quick and easy access later
- Use the Sleep Timer feature to fall asleep to music without draining your data plan
- Set data streaming preferences for when using a Cellular vs. WiFi network
- Share your favorite tracks and channels on Facebook, Twitter, or by email
- Optional buffer bar with data display helps you keep track of your data usage
We are big fans of Digitally Imported, JAZZRADIO.com and SKY.FM Radio, so we’re very happy to see them offer up ROCKRADIO.com for the Windows Phone community. We’ll let you know when you Fresca Radio joins the mix, that way you can get your favorite Latin, Hispanic and Caribbean music in one app.
Want to rock out with ROCKRADIO.com on Windows Phone? The app is free and available in the Windows Phone Store.
Note: You can become a premium member for $4.99/month (or $49/year) and get no ads and higher quality streams for ALL of the apps listed above.
Thanks for the tip Abhimany T!
Surface, Windows won't hit revenue guidance due to coronavirus
As the effects of the coronavirus are felt throughout the world, Microsoft warned today that it won't meet its expectations for its Surface and Windows revenues when it reports its next quarterly earnings.
Microsoft Edge's Surf game splashes into the Dev channel
Now you can get your Surf on in the Microsoft Edge Dev channel. The latest update brings the Easter egg to Dev channel testers, along with a tweak that lets you add the share button next to the address bar and more.
NBA 2K21: Everything you need to know
The NBA 2K series is a perennial favorite for good reason, and expected to elevate its game on next-gen consoles with NBA 2K21, we fill you in on everything you need to know.
Need to grab some audio from YouTube? These converters have you covered
YouTube is an excellent source for music, podcasts, and other audio. The tools in this collection will help you convert content from YouTube into MP3 files you can use anywhere.