2013 was a year of anticipation as big apps kept on creeping into the Windows Phone Store left and right. One app we all really wanted was Digitally Imported, which finally came in late October after being in public beta for a few months. Now we’ve got two sister networks of Digitally Imported joining the Windows Phone Store: SKY.FM and JAZZRADIO. Let’s check these two apps out.
Digitally Imported (DI.FM) is an awesome app for streaming electronic dance music. It packs over 67 hand curated channels covering genres from trance and progressive to dubstep and trap. The Windows Phone app is really good and does exactly what you’d want in a music streaming app. JAZZRADIO and SKY.FM for Windows Phone take their design and navigation cues from the DI.FM app.
Fundamentally it appears that JAZZRADIO and SKY.FM are the same app as DI.FM, just with their own respective streams and branding. We already know that you get a ton of EDM content with Digitally Imported, but what can you look forward to with JAZZRADIO and SKY.FM?
Like Digitally Imported, you’re getting the following features with JAZZRADIO and SKY.FM for Windows Phone:
- Pin channels to your start screen for quick access later
- Not sure which channel to pick? Explore the easy-to-use Styles list
- Stream music from the app or in the background while you do other things
- Control audio and view track titles from the lock screen
- Save your favorite channels for quick and easy access later
- New Sleep Timer feature to fall asleep to music without draining your data plan
- Set data streaming preferences for when using a Cellular vs. WiFi network
- Share your favorite tracks and channels on Facebook, Twitter, or by email
- Optional buffer bar with data display helps you keep track of your data usage
JAZZRADIO offers over 30 hand-programmed jazz music channels. SKY.FM is a little broader musically than the other two apps. With SKY.FM you’re getting access to over 60 genres like Pop, Rock, International, and more.
The best news? If you’re already a premium member on Digitally Imported it seems that your membership carries over to these two new apps (as do your login credentials). Premium members shell out cash to get access to higher quality streams with no advertisements. Premium membership will set you back just $4.99/month or $49.99/year.
We’re big fans of Digitally Imported, so we’re really happy to see these two sister apps join the Windows Phone Store. Hopefully we see more radio services from the company like ROCKRADIO and upcoming Fresca Radio join the Windows Phone mix.
In the meantime, you should definitely checkout JAZZRADIO and SKY.FM for Windows Phone. You can stream for free and see if this something you’d be interested in using on a regular basis for your music needs. Both apps are free in the Windows Phone Store, but you can get a subscription in the app to unlock higher quality streams with no ads. Links and QR codes below to grab them.
JAZZRADIO – Windows Phone Store
SKY.FM –Windows Phone Store
Thanks for the tip sri_tech!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.