Samsung looks to be refreshing its popular Notebook 7 Spin 13.3-inch laptop for 2018. The latest version of the Notebook 7 Spin is expected to debut next week in Las Vegas as the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and go on sale first quarter of 2018.
The budget-orientated laptop brings a 360-hinge, inking abilities (active pen sold separately), a fingerprint reader, and Samsung's usual assortment of premium parts to the mainstream including its high-quality displays. Speaking of screens, we're looking at 13.3-inch full HD (1920 x 1080), which in the past has received high marks from reviews.
Samsung Notebook 7 Spin 13 specifications
|Category||Samsung Notebook 7 Spin|
|Processor||Intel eighth-gen Core i5 quad-core|
|Display size||13.3 inch
1920 x 1080 PLS touch display
|Native graphics||Intel HD Graphics 620|
|Keyboard||Backlit, Keystroke 1.5mm, Curved keycap
Clickpad (Precision Touchpad)
|Ports||USB-C, USB 3.0 x1
USB 2.0 x1
|Dimensions||315.8 x 215.4 x 18.5mm|
|Availability||Select countries starting in the first quarter of 2018 in the U.S.|
YoungGyoo Choi, Senior Vice President of the PC Business Team, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung, is quoted from the accompanying press release:
Our customers wanted a functional, intuitive device that includes a wide range of their favorite features, and that's what we've delivered with the Notebook 7 Spin (2018). This device meets the needs of today's digital lifestyle, combining work and play with a smart, seamless and personalized experience that connects users with their other devices.
Some of the highlights of the Notebook 7 Spin include:
- 360-Degree Rotating Touchscreen – Provides the flexibility to view content as preferred, whether it be as a tablet or as a traditional PC in landscape mode.
- Active Pen-enabled – Perfect for attending meetings, conference calls or lectures, the Active Pen lets users create a sketch or jot down notes on the fly.
- Secure Fingerprint Log-in – Through simple fingerprint scanning, users can quickly log-in with Windows Hello and keep files secure in their own Privacy Folder.
- Power and Performance – Runs on Windows 10 operating system and equipped with an Intel i5 processor and 256GB SSD drive that allows for quicker startups and advanced multi-tasking capabilities.
- Voice Note – Advanced smart recording featuring an integrated far field microphone to capture every detail of important meetings or lectures, which can be stored and shared easily via Samsung Cloud.
- Battery and Backlit Keyboard – Extended battery power to keep users connected throughout the day.
- Studio Plus – For users who wish to express their creative side, Studio Plus allows them to produce personalized movies featuring their favorite photos and videos.
Samsung is aiming the Notebook 7 Spin at "working professionals, students and those looking for a powerful PC." Like other modern laptops, Samsung is embracing the full Windows 10 experience by giving consumers a two-in-one design, touch screen, inking, and Windows Hello through a fingerprint reader.
No word on exact pricing but the previous Notebook 7 Spin started at $799, and it is safe to expect a similar price point for 2018.
As usual, Samsung's laptops are only available in select markets including the U.S. and we expect the Notebook 7 Spin to launch sometime this quarter.