Samsung looks to be refreshing its popular Notebook 7 Spin 13.3-inch laptop for 2018. The latest version of the Notebook 7 Spin is expected to debut next week in Las Vegas as the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and go on sale first quarter of 2018.
The budget-orientated laptop brings a 360-hinge, inking abilities (active pen sold separately), a fingerprint reader, and Samsung's usual assortment of premium parts to the mainstream including its high-quality displays. Speaking of screens, we're looking at 13.3-inch full HD (1920 x 1080), which in the past has received high marks from reviews.
Samsung Notebook 7 Spin 13 specifications
|Category||Samsung Notebook 7 Spin|
|Processor||Intel eighth-gen Core i5 quad-core|
|Display size||13.3 inch
1920 x 1080 PLS touch display
|Native graphics||Intel HD Graphics 620|
|Keyboard||Backlit, Keystroke 1.5mm, Curved keycap
Clickpad (Precision Touchpad)
|Ports||USB-C, USB 3.0 x1
USB 2.0 x1
|Dimensions||315.8 x 215.4 x 18.5mm|
|Availability||Select countries starting in the first quarter of 2018 in the U.S.|
YoungGyoo Choi, Senior Vice President of the PC Business Team, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung, is quoted from the accompanying press release:
Our customers wanted a functional, intuitive device that includes a wide range of their favorite features, and that's what we've delivered with the Notebook 7 Spin (2018). This device meets the needs of today's digital lifestyle, combining work and play with a smart, seamless and personalized experience that connects users with their other devices.
Some of the highlights of the Notebook 7 Spin include:
- 360-Degree Rotating Touchscreen – Provides the flexibility to view content as preferred, whether it be as a tablet or as a traditional PC in landscape mode.
- Active Pen-enabled – Perfect for attending meetings, conference calls or lectures, the Active Pen lets users create a sketch or jot down notes on the fly.
- Secure Fingerprint Log-in – Through simple fingerprint scanning, users can quickly log-in with Windows Hello and keep files secure in their own Privacy Folder.
- Power and Performance – Runs on Windows 10 operating system and equipped with an Intel i5 processor and 256GB SSD drive that allows for quicker startups and advanced multi-tasking capabilities.
- Voice Note – Advanced smart recording featuring an integrated far field microphone to capture every detail of important meetings or lectures, which can be stored and shared easily via Samsung Cloud.
- Battery and Backlit Keyboard – Extended battery power to keep users connected throughout the day.
- Studio Plus – For users who wish to express their creative side, Studio Plus allows them to produce personalized movies featuring their favorite photos and videos.
Samsung is aiming the Notebook 7 Spin at "working professionals, students and those looking for a powerful PC." Like other modern laptops, Samsung is embracing the full Windows 10 experience by giving consumers a two-in-one design, touch screen, inking, and Windows Hello through a fingerprint reader.
No word on exact pricing but the previous Notebook 7 Spin started at $799, and it is safe to expect a similar price point for 2018.
As usual, Samsung's laptops are only available in select markets including the U.S. and we expect the Notebook 7 Spin to launch sometime this quarter.
Alleged source code for Windows XP exposed in 4chan leak
Alleged Windows XP source code has surfaced online after a thread on 4chan gained steam this week. If genuine, the source code could pose a security threat for any remaining Windows XP systems, particularly if they're connected to the internet.
HP updates Reverb G2 ahead of launch, preorders start shipping in November
HP is finally nearly ready to start shipping its new Reverb G2 Windows Mixed Reality headset. Those who have already preordered the $600 headset should see them arrive in November, while anyone preordering after September 24 will see headsets arrive in December.
The 300Hz display on the Razer Blade 15 is way ahead of its time
Our favorite gaming laptop now has a 300Hz display option and it's smoother than your eyes can really see.
These portable solid-state drives (SSD) use USB-C for a fast transfer
Need fast portable storage with the new USB-C standard connector on it? You need one of these.