Scrible, a freehand note taking app, is today's myAppFree Windows 8 deal
Scrble is a freehand note taking Windows 8 app that is well suited for devices without a traditional keyboard or mouse. In other words tablets.
The app is not shy on features that include support for digitizer pens, touch controls, photo insertion, .pdf file support and more. The Windows 8 app normally runs $3.99 and through the myAppFree deal, over the next twenty-four hours you can pick up Scrble free.
Key features for Scrble include:
- A full range of writing support where you can use your fingertip, digitized pen or capacitive pen.
- Auto-scroll feature when reaching the right margin the canvas will automatically scroll down.
- Multiple sets of inks and highlight colors, each with three sizes.
- Pan and Zoom feature to allow you markup photos or drawings more precisely.
- Support for inserting photos or capturing new photos using your tablet camera.
- .PDF support for importing files as background images to annotate.
- Landscape and portrait orientation support.
- Four different backgrounds to work on (black chalkboard, white board, match ruled paper and straight ruled paper).
- Shape creation tool to easily insert lines, arrows, rectangles, circles or stars.
Notes are saved in .PNG format or exported as .PDF files.
While I am still a pen and paper person when it comes to jotting down notes, in the short time I've tinkered with Scrble it comes across as a feature rich, appealing Windows 8 app. For those not used to free-hand note taking from a tablet, Scrble can be a little overwhelming. To help you get familiar with all the ins and outs, the developer has a nice series of tutorials at the Scrble website.
Scrble normally runs $3.99 with a one-day trial version. However, through the myAppFree deal you can pick up the note taking app free over the next twenty four hours. If you've been on the fence about picking up Scrble or trying a free hand note taking app, now is a good chance to save a little cash along the way.
Please note that it may take some time for this deal to be reflected in the myAppFree app and the Windows Store due to time zone issues.
Windows Central is proud to be partnering up with myAppFree to bring you savings on Windows Phone apps and games. myAppFree is a free Windows Phone app and service that highlights special deals for software on the Windows Phone Store. Make sure you download their app to keep track of all the specials they run weekly, as you'll never know what you may find.
Windows Central will continue to highlight select Windows Phone apps and games, such as Scrble, from myAppFree on a regular basis as a benefit to the Windows Central community. Additionally, with myAppFree expanding to offer deals from the Windows Store, look for us to shine the spotlight on the myAppFree deals for Windows 8 apps and games on a regular basis as well. Many of these deals will be universal apps so you'll double your savings.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
George is the Reviews Editor at Windows Central, concentrating on Windows 10 PC and Mobile apps. He's been a supporter of the platform since the days of Windows CE and uses his current Windows 10 Mobile phone daily to keep up with life and enjoy a game during down time.