Microsoft has started rolling out an update to the Skype app for Windows 10 to Insiders on the Release Preview ring. Spotted by the folks at Aggiornamenti Lumia, the update ticks the app up to version number 12.4.676.0 and brings a few new features that stand out.
Most notably, this update adds some new emoji reactions for messages. Curiously, the update also appears to remove some features. There's no official change log, but here's what's been spotted so far (translated from Italian):
- Many more reactions are now available: You will find, for example, the new icicle icon, outside seating, middle finger, and many others (even more happy than the ones listed above)
- It's now possible to cancel Skype conversations (before it was only possible to clear normal messages and hide Skype messages)
- New welcome screen
- You can now find out if and when your posts have been displayed
- You can no longer hide conversations
- You can no longer add groups to your favorites Corrections and general improvements
If you're on the Release Preview Insider ring, the update should roll out to you soon. Presumably, it won't be too far off from production as well.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.
Hands-on with Windows 10 build 20161 showcasing the new Start menu
Yesterday, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 that includes an updated Start menu design with translucent Live Tiles, improvements to Notifications, and behavior changes to things like Tablet Mode and the Taskbar. It's been a while since Microsoft released a build with any surface-level changes, but now it's finally happened, we're back showcasing all the changes on video.
Everything we know about 'Xbox Series S' Lockhart
The Xbox Series X is getting a baby brother in the form of a console codenamed Lockhart, most likely to be called Xbox Series S. Here's what we know so far.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.