Microsoft has started rolling out an update to the Skype app for Windows 10 to Insiders on the Release Preview ring. Spotted by the folks at Aggiornamenti Lumia, the update ticks the app up to version number 12.4.676.0 and brings a few new features that stand out.
Most notably, this update adds some new emoji reactions for messages. Curiously, the update also appears to remove some features. There's no official change log, but here's what's been spotted so far (translated from Italian):
- Many more reactions are now available: You will find, for example, the new icicle icon, outside seating, middle finger, and many others (even more happy than the ones listed above)
- It's now possible to cancel Skype conversations (before it was only possible to clear normal messages and hide Skype messages)
- New welcome screen
- You can now find out if and when your posts have been displayed
- You can no longer hide conversations
- You can no longer add groups to your favorites Corrections and general improvements
If you're on the Release Preview Insider ring, the update should roll out to you soon. Presumably, it won't be too far off from production as well.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Xbox basically just buried Google Stadia with latest Project xCloud update
Heating up, the streaming wars are. Today, a slew of Project xCloud additions threaten to rip Google Stadia of its, well, reason to exist.
Don't sleep on the indie games available with Xbox Game Pass for PC
There are a lot of tasty blockbuster games available with the Xbox Game Pass for PC, but the lesser-known indie games are where some of the real value lies.
Satya Nadella has sights firmly set on Microsoft's cloud future
At a media event last week, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella laid out the case for Microsoft's focus on Azure and the cloud going forward. While Nadella was quick to point out that doesn't mean Windows, Android, and iOS aren't important, he's firmly focused on bringing in the next 46 billion internet-connected devices.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.