Microsoft has started rolling out an update to the Skype app for Windows 10 to Insiders on the Release Preview ring. Spotted by the folks at Aggiornamenti Lumia, the update ticks the app up to version number 12.4.676.0 and brings a few new features that stand out.
Most notably, this update adds some new emoji reactions for messages. Curiously, the update also appears to remove some features. There's no official change log, but here's what's been spotted so far (translated from Italian):
- Many more reactions are now available: You will find, for example, the new icicle icon, outside seating, middle finger, and many others (even more happy than the ones listed above)
- It's now possible to cancel Skype conversations (before it was only possible to clear normal messages and hide Skype messages)
- New welcome screen
- You can now find out if and when your posts have been displayed
- You can no longer hide conversations
- You can no longer add groups to your favorites Corrections and general improvements
If you're on the Release Preview Insider ring, the update should roll out to you soon. Presumably, it won't be too far off from production as well.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.