What you need to know
- Spotify can now show lyrics for music.
- The functionality is available on the Windows, console, iOS, Android, and TV versions of Spotify.
- Spotify partnered with Musixmatch to deliver the feature.
Spotify now has the ability to show lyrics for songs. The feature works on the desktop, console, iOS, Android, and TV versions of Spotify. Support includes both Windows PCs and Xbox consoles such as the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.
To power the feature, Spotify partnered with Musixmatch. Both free and premium Spotify users can browse lyrics as they listen to music.
Spotify outlines how to use the feature on its desktop app in its news post:
- From the "Now Playing" bar, click on the microphone icon while a song is playing.
- Voila! You'll see track lyrics that scroll in real time while the song plays.
On Xbox consoles, as well as other devices that use the SpotifyTV app interface, you can view lyrics by following these steps:
- Open the "Now Playing View" on a song.
- Navigate to the right corner to the "lyrics button" and select if you want to enable Lyrics.
- Once enabled, you'll see the lyrics in the "Now Playing" View.
Spotify shares that lyric support is one of the most requested features for the streaming platform. Now that it's available, it's easier to sing along to the most popular songs on the service. Spotify states that lyric support is accessible "across the majority of [its] extensive library of tracks."
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org.