Every weekend, Windows Central livestreams an Xbox One or Steam game for 1-2 hours and gives out free games to the cool people who join us during the stream. It's like a live podcast, only you also get to watch a game while chatting with our awesome readers and viewers! We call this show Saturday Game School, because learning about new games is always fun.
Tonight on Mixer, we played Star Trek Online: Escalation, the latest free expansion to the official Star Trek MMO. Read on for quick impressions and contest winners.
Star Trek Online: Escalation
Star Trek Online takes place 30 years after the end of Star Trek: Nemesis. It is set within the Prime Reality as opposed to the Kelvin Reality featured in the post-2009 Star Trek films.
Following the destruction of Romulus (as seen in the 2009 Star Trek film), the galactic balance of power has drastically shifted. A new Chancellor has assassinated his way to the top of the Klingon Empire and reignited the Federation-Klingon War.
The latest free Star Trek Online expansion 'Escalation' features a new story episode teaming captains with the Lukari to fight off the war-loving Tzenkethi (a race introduced in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), plus an additional episode centered on Sela of Romulus, voiced by Denise Crosby.
Season 13 also introduces War Games, a new system that lets players compete in 5v5 competitive PvE scenarios for rewards. War Games includes a new reputation system that allows players to earn exclusive rewards.
Watch us play Star Trek Online, and then join the fight. Star Trek Online is free to play and features a wealth of story content that Star Trek fans will love.
- See Star Trek Online on the Xbox Store
- See 1000 Zen Bundle Sale on the Xbox Store
- See 2000 Zen Bundle Sale on the Xbox Store
We streamed Star Trek Online: Escalation for ~90 minutes. During that time, we gave out lots of prizes:
- 40 Star Trek Online Fluidic Antiproton Wrist Lance for Xbox One – An exclusive ground weapon you can't get anywhere else! Winners can redeem via Xbox One Arc app and then claim in the Promotions section of the Star Trek Online C-Store.
- 3 Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Director's Cut Blu-rays (US, Canada, or UK residents only)
See the contest winners at the end of this story.
How to watch Mixer livestreams
We stream exclusively on Mixer, Microsoft's interactive livestreaming platform (formerly known as Beam). It provides some welcome improvements over Twitch, such as a cleaner website layout, built-in stream interactivity, and extremely low latency.
You can follow our channel at Mixer.com/WindowsCentral. From there, you'll be able to watch the stream and participate in chat directly from any web browser, including the Windows Phone browsers.
To receive email notifications when our Mixer streams go live:
- First, follow our channel.
- Now select your profile from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Pick the Account option near the bottom of the menu.
- Go to the Notifications tab.
- Make sure Send me important email updates on the Mixer platform is enabled. This option is labeled deceptively, but it's required for all forms of email notifications.
- Click or tap the Email box next to our channel name until a check appears. That's it!
- We highly recommend that you set a recurring alarm on your phone. Our weekend stream always starts at the same time (9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific), so the phone reminder can be very helpful.
Want to know what's next for Windows Central's weekend Mixer programming? We stream a different game every Saturday (and sometimes Sunday). The stream always starts at the same time: 9 PM Eastern (8 PM Central, 6 PM Pacific, 1 AM GMT). Over the next few weeks, we'll be streaming the following (schedule not finalized):
- July 1: To be announced!
We hope you'll tune in as often as you can! Set a recurring alarm on your phone so you'll always know when it's time for the stream to start.
These viewers are Star Treking across the universe!
Star Trek Online Fluidic Antiproton Wrist Lance
Tonight's prizes provided by Perfect World and Mobile Nations. Thanks also to our stream moderators for keeping the peace and giving away the prizes!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
'Mercury' is the code name of a large Xbox Store update, coming soon
You may have seen images of an app called "Mercury" floating around in Xbox communities. Here's what it is, and what we know so far.
Minecraft Dungeons: 10 things that we'd love to see improved
Minecraft Dungeons is a great game, but as we max out the game and hit full completion, there are a few things we think could easily be improved. Here are ten of them.
How Microsoft Teams changed my football team during the pandemic
The global health crisis caused my football team's practices and season to be canceled. To continue coaching, we switched to virtual classroom sessions using Microsoft Teams.
Best Xbox-themed Pride Accessories
June is LGBT Pride Month, which means that it's time to show your spirit! Check out these awesome Xbox-themed LGBT Pride accessories.