What you need to know
- Star Wars Battlefront II is a first and third-person shooter from EA.
- The game ignited a microtransactions controversy due to its pay-to-win mechanics.
- The title has received aggressive post-launch support since launch.
- You can purchase it for $17 on Amazon (opens in new tab).
At Gamescom 2019, EA shared details about even more content coming to Star Wars Battlefront II in the coming weeks and months. Before Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker releases at the end of the year, the focus appears to be on appearance changes and new characters.
We've compiled all of the major tweaks coming between now and December. You can take a look at them below.
- Separatist Dreadnought and Republic Venator will be playable in Heroes vs. Villains mode. The team has taken areas within both capital ships and turned them into playable locations.
- The Capital Ship phase of Capital Supremacy is being modified so it's more balanced. Completely certain objects now awards you more time.
- Through our new Contextual Spawning system, you'll be able to spawn on dynamic tactical assets, starting with Command Posts in Capital Supremacy and another mode.
- The team is bringing three new appearances for the B1 Battle Droids this month.
- The August update is scheduled for deployment on August 28.
- Felucia is a new large-scale map coming to Star Wars Battlefront II.
- Four-player online co-op is coming in September. You team up with three other players for a large-scale player vs. enemy adventure. You can choose to play as either the Galactic Republic or the Separatist Alliance.
- Instant Action is coming back to the game. It's a single-player, large-scale combat experience where you fight to control Command Posts.
- The deadly Clone Commandos will be added.
- During September, there will be a community challenge that grants you the ability to unlock a highly-requested appearance. It looks like it's Luke Skywalker's look from Star Wars: A New Hope.
- The rest of the year will bring new reinforcements, appearances, and a brand-new front menu system which allows you to play the era of your choosing.
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker content is also coming this holiday season.
You can take a look at the detailed description here. Hopefully, the upcoming content will be meaningful and bring players back.
Multiplayer Star Wars
Relive some of the greatest battle scenarios
Star Wars Battlefront II is a first and third-person multiplayer shooter from EA. Over the past year, it has received a slew of updates which added more and more content to the game.
Xbox accessories you'll love
Every one of these quality accessories is guaranteed to enhance your Xbox experience.
PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox One (opens in new tab) ($20 at Amazon)
PowerA's take on the Xbox One controller is an attractive pickup for budget-conscious gamers that nails all the basics.
Talon PDP Xbox media remote (opens in new tab) ($20 at Amazon)
The Talon PDP Xbox media remote is great for watching shows on your console.
Xbox One S vertical stand (opens in new tab) ($10 at Amazon)
Stand your console upright with this accessory.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.