What you need to know
- Star Wars Battlefront II is getting an update which adds Kamino.
- Kamino is the water planet where the Clones originated.
- The patch will launch this month.
- The game costs $16 at Amazon.
Star Wars Battlefront II is a first and third-person multiplayer shooter from DICE — an EA studio. Over the past year, it has received a slew of updates which added more and more content to the game. However, some of the most spectacular showdowns may be ahead of us. Today, the company detailed the upcoming "Siege of Kamino" update.
The patch notes detailed the following changes. The Siege of Kamino essentially adds a new area to the game, which can be accessed through the "Capital Supremacy" mode.
- The May update is on the horizon! Here's what we have planned for this month. Kamino... the birthplace of the Grand Army of the Republic... the Clone homeworld, comes to Capital Supremacy in this month's update.
- Changes to 'Heroes vs. Villains' comes this month. The targeting system has been removed, but we've also made a number of hero changes based on player feedback and balancing needs. This includes giving Boba Fett more mobility features, increasing the health regeneration pool for blaster heroes, allowing Yoda's Dash Attack to bypass enemy blocks, and much more!
- Some other notable changes we've made is an increase to the level cap, the addition of the voiceover wheel, and changes to appearance bundles.
For the complete patch notes, you can head over to Star Wars Battlefront II's forums.
Which changes are you excited about the most? Let us know.
Multiplayer Star Wars
Relive some of the greatest battle scenarios
Star Wars Battlefront II is a first and third-person multiplayer shooter from EA. Over the past year, it has received a slew of updates which added more and more content to the game. However, some of the most spectacular showdowns may be ahead of us.
Xbox accessories you'll love
Every one of these quality accessories is guaranteed to enhance your Xbox experience.
PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox One ($20 at Amazon)
PowerA's take on the Xbox One controller is an attractive pickup for budget-conscious gamers that nails all the basics.
Talon PDP Xbox media remote ($20 at Amazon)
The Talon PDP Xbox media remote is great for watching shows on your console.
Xbox One S vertical stand ($10 at Amazon)
Stand your console upright with this accessory.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.